cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Brodcaster email issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BASIS Experts,

I have a BW query which is automated to run in background through Information Broadcasting to send the report to couple of users.

The query 'A' runs for 3 hours in Production , it used to run fine. There were no changes done to the Broadcaster settings.

The only thing that was changed is only this query 'A' used in a single process chain, later a new query 'B' is added to process chain run in background thru broadcaster. The queries run thru RSRD_BROADCAST_STARTER in the process chain , and I tried the same running manually.And it returns the result only when I run around 15:00:00 in the evening.

The next day or 2 onwards this query 'A' runs for 3 hrs but never sends an email. But query B also runs for 3 hrs but sends an email.

I have trouble shooted this in the following way:

1) The process chain runs through BATCH ID which also runs similar process chain for other region and it works fine. So it is not BATCH ID issue.

2) New information broadcaster settings were created and then ran. it never sent a mail. so not problem in broadcaster settings.

3) Checked SCOT transaction to see the mail is transmitted or not. there is no sign of the emails pending for the query A.

4) If i run this in morning or noon or even 14:59 PM it never sends the mail. ONLY at 15:00:00 when run it sends email .

5) there is no flaw in the report A as it returns the results in email at 15:00:00 run but not prior to that..

6) There is nothing in the setting that this has to run only at 15:00:00 time.. and it runs fine at that time and sends email

All priorer runs it runs for 3hour but never sends an email.

I need some experts help on this. Did any one experience this kind of issue.

Could some one tell me any other check points..pointers..etc.

Greatly appreciate your help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ragini,

In that case, this has something to do with BW config and the way job A and its successor is configured.

You should post this thread to the BW forums.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ragini,

Is the SCOT sendmail job running and is scheduled at regular intervals ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes SCOT is scheduled to send emaisl every 10 minutes..and I check the job log for EMAIL_GAEWAY for every 10 minutes.

All other reports are being sent as usual through SCOT.

I have also restarted the Precalculation server.

Thanks