cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approx how much time should JDBC adapter take to insert 1.5 million record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the optimum time for inserting 1.5 million records to Oracle Staging Table? My scenario ECC to Oracle is taking 3 hours.

With your previous experience, what do you think about this. Is there a scope of improvement?

We have a simple insert through JDBC datatype. i.e Action = INSERT.

Kindly Advice.

Regards,

XIer

Edited by: XIer on Mar 27, 2008 9:20 AM

Edited by: XIer on Mar 27, 2008 10:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1,500,000 / (3*3600) = 138.8888889 Msgs / second

I personaly believe that the performance is pretty good. Even for the small size of messages.

Liang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Self Resolved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share the resolution and the time required to insert the data into oracle DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ;

As the record size is big so it will take time to insert these records in the table.

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how much do you think with your experience with XI says this should take?

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

that depend the enviroment you want to do this, DEV, QAS,PRD. also the PI server you have to process the information,the tunning paramenter and what kind of receiver server you have. i too much difficult determinate an time for this kind of information.

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whats the right configuration... However it's taking 3 hours to insert data into Oracle through XI...

What do you think is the optimum time with your experience...

XIER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

3 hrs for 1.5 million records is pretty decent,if i were you i won't worry any more

Thanx

Aamir

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>What do you think is the optimum time with your experience...

We had Similar Situation after adding Application Server the time was reduced to 1 hour. Now how many App server are available in your XI system ?

Regards

Sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeeta,

Could you please explain in more detail, the changes you did at your end to improve the performance...

Regards,

XIER

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Xier,

In Dev Environment we had one App server.. Hence we faced the similar issue.. When we did the same Scenerio in Quality server where we had 3 App Server the Performance was good. The Messaging was distibuted to 3 App server and the Performance was Better.

Regards

Sangeetha