Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sampling procedure and dynamic modification rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to ask two questions:

1- if i want to create sampling procedure which its sample size is determined by a specific law (forexample:a law function of lot size), although the sample type is fixed, percentage, 100% or scheme only, so how can i make it?

2- i don't understand the main idea of dynamic modification rule, and what is the use of it, and if it is mandatory or not??

thanks

Mayada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl go thro the doc in the link below for details regarding Dymanic modification rule.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/QMQCDYN/QMQCDYN.pdf

Regards

K.M.Arun

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) You can define a sampling procedure in a number of ways. You can also include a sampling scheme as part of it. The sampling scheme will calculate the sample size often based on the lot size. So for say a lot size of 1 - 100 you might pull 2 samples. For 101-1000 you might pull 10. For 1001 - 5000 you pull 50. etc.. etc...

You can also do it based on % if you choose. And if nothing that SAP provides works, you can write your own functional module and use it.

2) Dyn. modification rule (DMR) is not required. It is a means to reduce inspections by creating skip lots following various rules. You might set it up to inspect every shipment until the vendor gices you 5 good shipments. Then you inspect every other until you get 10 good ones. Then maybe you inspect every 30. If they any of the required inspections fail you go back to the begining. And you can include a maximum number of days as well so if you go to long with out a shipment, you start it over again as well. This is just one example. You can use these rules for production inspections as well. You might only want to inspect every other batch. Or once a day maybe, (maximum number of days = 1).

You can also use a DMR at the characteristic level. So that maybe you only perform a test once every ten inspection lots. In nine lots, it will have the status of skip. In the tenth lot it will be a required characteristic.

You must use inspection plans or production/process orders to use DMR's.

I hope this helps.

Craig