Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini-portal web application and user identifcation

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am looking at writing a mini portal alike web application using the MVC pattern with a control servlet that redirects/includes the necessary JSP depending on chosen actions ( nothing new or spectacular so far ).

The application will have a public part and a user-only part. I am thinking about using the UME engine for user identification.

Furthermore, I would allow users to enter their username and password once and to log them on automatically when they get back to the application.

I am struggling a little bit on working out this concept ...

I have read all the possible SAP security documentation but ... still sitting in the darkness ...

The username and password would need to end up in a cookie. That cookie would not be the SAP security cookie. The application would by default have anonymous access so somehow my controlling servlet needs to check the incoming custom cookie and use that custom user information to perform a UME logon ... If no cookie is available then I would need to get the logon information if a resource is being asked that is user-only ( I guess standard login module would take care off that ) ...

A lot of assumptions and hopefully somebody could just give me a couple of hints and or ideas on how to achieve all this ... might be I missed some standard functionality that is allready availabe in the web container ...

Regards,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

for logging in a user programatically, if you have saved the name and password within the cookie, you can pass these values to the UME, see /thread/26477 [original link is broken]

Hope it helps

Detlev