SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Manual billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create manual billing in tcode EA16 , it prompt me to enter rate category where as rate category is input disabled field . Can anyone let me know how rate category is determine in manual billing and where should I need to make changes so that I can override this error.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would then request you to send me the screen shots of ES32 and ea16 with key date so that I can analyse it further.my mail id is pratyasha.shishodia@gmail.com

As far as I know the rate category comes from Installation only for manual billing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rate Category in EA16 comes from Installation of the given contract.Which ever rate category is applicable in installation ES32 on the key date entered in EA16 main screen , same is displayed on Manual Bill Create Screen.I wud ask you to please check ES32 to determine whether rate category is there at the installation level for that key date.

Reward Points if useful

0 Kudos

Hi Pratyasha,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked what you told, I have still maintaining rate category in installation (ES31) but it is not reflecting in manual billing. Can u tell how I can populate this value and is there any other alternative method?

0 Kudos

Hi

I had this issue before.

There is a bug in EA16 and there are some SAP Notes which needs to be applied.

Just search SAP notes for EA16 and you should find what you need.

Regards,

Daniel Toba

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would then request you to send me the screen shots of ES32 and ea16 with key date so that I can analyse it further.my mail id is pratyasha.shishodia@gmail.com

As far as I know the rate category comes from Installation only for manual billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually had to create a case for this issue last year myself during an implementation. The response was to apply the notes below, which resolved the issue for me.

0000939831 EA16 Time portion is not calculated again

0001015519 EA16: Rate category is empty and not ready for input

0001051392 EA16: Rate category is empty and not ready for input

Regards,

Michael