cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma invoice (F5) creates accounting document

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have an issue with Proforma invoices creating accounting documents. I did some research here and it seems that it is an unexpected behavior for a proforma invoice, but I couldn't find any information about what exactly is preventing them from creating accounting documents.

Could anyone point me in the right direction where this might be configured? Unfortunately, I'm mostly an ABAPer and am not that familiar with SD config. I did find the transaction VOFA though and checked the settings for F5 there. It seems odd that 'Posting block' checkbox is unchecked. Is it supposed to be checked or are there any other fields that would influence the creation for accounting documents?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jelena

This is really interesting. It is not necessary to select the "Posting Block" but please check the following whether you have maintained

a) SD Document Category - U

b) Transaction Group - 8

I think either of the above is missing in your settings.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked the fileds, as suggested. F5 has the following settings:

SD document category = 'U'

Transaction group = 8

all the fields in Cancellation and Account Assignment are blank

some fields are set up in Output parameters (I don't think they have anything to do with this)

both Posting Block and Statistics are currently not checked

It seems that Statistics checkbox only influences the creation of statistical records (i.e. population of LIS/SIS structures).

What is interesting though is that Document Type field is blank for F5 and for other invoice types (e.g. F2 or FV, which we are also using)...

Is there another area in SPRO where the connection between SD and FI could be configured? I've also looked at the Copying Requirements, but there is nothing for Billing to Accounting...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I found another place. Not sure if there is a shortcut, but here is a path in SPRO:

Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Account Assignment/Costing -> Revenue Account Determination -> Define and Assign Account Determination Procedures -> Assign Account Determination Procedure.

And there I see a record for F5 and procedure KOFI00 (same as for F2 and FV). On F8 (it is another proforma type, which we are not using) the field is blank. Should it be also blank for F5? Could anyone check in their system and let me know?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, account detrmination procedure should be blank in F5. But it's bit strange that values are different in two screens where as in my system both are same.

Regards,

Arul

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Arul. Yes, that finally solved the issue - now the accounting documents are not created and Posting Status is 'Not relevant for accounting'.

I agree that it is rather strange that settings in VOFA and SPRO were inconsistent. But "whatever ends well"...

Thanks, everyone!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

along with SD doc cat- U and transaction group-8, also please check this : in the proforma invoice settings at VOFA, the statistics check should be ticked and leave the document type - field empty, ie for a normal F2 invoice this field will have a document type RV which is the accounting document.But for a proforma invoice its not required. And there is no account determination procedure field assignment incase of a proforma invoice.

regards

sadhu kishore

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sadhu Kishore

After your comments, I have checked my settings in F5 and observed that the field "Statistics" is not ticked but for F2 invoice, it is ticked. . It is working fine for me.

Also if the field is left with blank for document type, by default, it will have RV. Correct me if I am wrong. This being the case, do we need to maintain RV for F2 ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

"Statistics" and "Document Type" will not influence accounting posting. Default doc. type is RV.

SD Doc Catg and Transaction Group also doesn't create accounting posting. It's only the Account Determination Procedure. If Account Determination Procedure is attached to a Billing Type then accounting document is created.

regards,

Arul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In transaction VOFA, for proforma invoice F5 check that there is no Account Determination procedure assigned.

Mahesh