cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip entering batch during Delivery Note creation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for cetain shipping points only we would like to skip the step of manually entering a batch code during delivery creation step can any one guide me with a best way to do this....we only want to do this for certain special shipping points not all of them.

the the idea is .....if we need to do a delivery for certain shipping points we configure sap such that we are able to save the delivery .....do a goods issue etc sucessfully without any one have to put in the batch code of the material ....but in case if the delivery is created for non special shipping points we give a error to the user in case batch is not filled in during delivery creation process......

Thanks

Rajey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try deactivating the check box in ACTIVATE AUTOMATIC BATCH DETERMINATION IN FOR DELIVERY ITEM CATEGORY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have some further understanding on the requirements...and on basis of that we cannot deactivate the check box in ACTIVATE AUTOMATIC BATCH DETERMINATION IN FOR DELIVERY ITEM CATEGORY .....all the Materials are batch managed at plant level ...now out of these materials that are batch managed at plant level only for some materials that at are in special plants.... were the requirement is ...that we do not want speficy the batch during delivery creation....but for the materials in different other plants we want the batch to be automatically populated by FIFO process.....

same delivery type order type documents is used for these materials so we cannot turn it off at delivery item catagory..........the main requirements to to either avoid putting down the batch for materials in certain plants or turn the batch determination on basis of a special plant....when Delivery note is created.....but if the material is not in the certain plant for a customer then batch is determined by FIFO not by batch determination.....

kindly let us know if this is possible....to via configuration etc....

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to create a batch search strategy type with key combinations of Customer/Material/Plant. This way you can restrict picking of batches from specific plants. Again this holds good when there is limited number of plants. If there are lots of plants then you can use user exits in delivery document for not to select the batch for particular plant(s).

In order to pick the batches based on FIFO, you can create a sort rule with fields like for example LOBM_VFDAT (expiration date shelf life). Then you need to assign the sort rule to your batch search strategy type.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am new to configuration ...can you tell me the path for creating

a batch search strategy type on the basis of cust/plant/material ?

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path is SPRO -> Logistics - General -> Batch management -> Batch determination and batch check. Here you have to create a new access sequence using condition table 003.

Then assign the batch sequencing to the batch search strategy that you plan to use.

Same way, in SPRO -> Logistics - General -> Batch management -> Batch determination and batch check -> sort rule, you can create a new sort rule with the field that I have mentioned earlier.

Then assign the sort rule to the batch search strategy that you plan to use.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The batch management flag in material master will also allow you to control which materials require a batch number. This is set at the plant/storage location level. It's not the shipping point, but might help so I thought I'd mention it.