cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto avoid automatic spacing around webdnypro windows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anybody know how I can reduce the size (set it to zero pixels) of the automatic borders displayed around any WebDynpro window on WebDynpro generated webpages (servlets)?

Best regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've found a workaround.

start your WebDynpro application from within a jsp frameset, like this:

<frameset cols="100%" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">

<frameset rows="100%" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">

<frame src="http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/dpits/webdynpro/YourApp" name="Main" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">')

</frameset>

</frameset>

Very important: the frameset has to be a JSP! HTML won't work!

Regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Is there anybody out there who has a solution?

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo,

starting with SAP NetWeaver 04 SP Stack 14 the window padding is automatically disabled for all <u>Portal-based</u> Web Dynpro applications. For standalone-applications it is no possible to avoid the automatic padding around Web Dynpro windows, even a workaround does not exist.

Within the future SAP NetWeaver release the Web Dynpro window will provide a parameter to disable the padding via declaration or via data-binding.

Best regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bertram,

thanks for your reply. What do you mean with "future SAP NetWeaver release"? Is this parameter already available in NW release 2004s?

Best regards,

Georg

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Georg,

no I refer to the future SAP NetWeaver release, not to NW 04s.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertram,

I'm using SP15 and i still have a padding in the right of the iview.

What do you mean by Portal-based webdynpro applications?

Florin

0 Kudos

Did anyone find an answer to this topic in the past

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

i wasn't aware so far, that there is an automatic padding around WD windows. The borders (if there are any) should result from the elements, which are placed in a container, not by the container itself (this is also true for containers inside of parent containers). Which type(s) of layout(s) are you using?

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

maybe I explained it in a misunderstanding way. The problem is actually not, that there is automatic padding around every wd window but that there is a spacer on the left / right and top side of each browser screen. This should be defined somewhere in the stylesheet. But I can't find it in there...

What I want is that the first displayed wd window starts at pos (0,0) of the browserscreen and not pos (10,10) like its done by the webdynpro runtime automatically.

Thanks for your answer...

Christian