cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1:n Message split and Abap Proxies??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I not use Message split and Abap Proxy together? My scenario is MDM->File ->XI->Proxy->BI.

I am getting a single file syndicated from MDM and in XI If I use message mapping to do 1:n split in the message mapping, can I use it with Abap Proxies? As per the link below, XI adapter is not present in the list..We are on PI 7.0 SP14. Thank you..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Thank you for any suggestion..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How's the split? You need n messages from a same interface, or you need n interfaces to receive each 1 message (for the same receiver, in your case, BI).

If it's the later, you can do that at interface determination level and developing proper mappings for that (you'll have for example 1 mapping for each receiver interface you need, and map the input message for that particular interface).

If you need n messages of same interface, you need to implement BPM.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are not using BPM. We take one file at a time that is coming from MDM and we need to split this into 10 and send to 10 different proxies in BI. so I was thinking of using one message mapping with all my proxy interfaces added as target messages and then one interface mapping. Use that interface mapping in interface determination. Is it not possible?

Thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanujja,

If you see the message from Raj, I dont think we can split the messages for the proxy. This is beacause the splitting of messages take place at the Adapter Level only for the adapters on the Java stack.

As suggested by Guru, you can try splitting the messages in the inbound proxy instead of using a BPM, in that way you can acheive good performance.

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Mar 27, 2008 9:09 AM

Edited by: srinivas kapu on Mar 27, 2008 9:10 AM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanujja,

As discussed by our friends above, Message splitting is happened only at Adapter level. Since you are using proxy, the only way to split the message would be using BPM.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have same feeling as Aamir does.

If you have 1:N mapping in IE, The format of the message are ready for splitting in Adapter Engine, but it is still a bulk message. Real splitting happens in adapter engine.

XI adapter is not reside in Java Stack, if you create XI type of adapter, you will notice that the "Module" tab grey out. So the message can not be splitted without BPM involved.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

are you using any BPM in your scenario or not?

since proxies are executed on the application system(not adapter engine) it might not be possible to do a message split without BPM.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanujja:

I think it should work. Try to create the 1:n mapping and inbound proxy will take n messages as an array. So you will be accessing in the execute~asynchronous method as "input[].XYZ....". The other way you can do is you can push all data to proxy and split the data there.

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It looks it triggers all inbound proxies for corresponding message interfaces.

Lets try to create proxies for all inbound proxies and upload its data to BI system from

each proxy.

Never come acrros this, better create and try by executing it.