Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One IDOC to multiple messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on IDOC to File Scenario

I have to send three messages using one idoc.

Could any one let me know whether is it possible to send with out using BPM or any suggest any other way.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it is possible.Using MultiMapping u can do it

plz refer the following blog

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3115] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Edited by: vikas jain on Mar 27, 2008 5:48 AM

Edited by: vikas jain on Mar 27, 2008 5:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u want to send the three message at the receiver side then u have to make the occurence for the target is 0..unbounded. and use the 1:n mapping in the message mapping.

To make the 1:N mapping in the message mapping go to the messages tab and put the occurence for the target message as 0..unbounded. when u do this it will creath the multiple message at the receiver side.

Remember u also have to make the same changes in the interface mapping also.

To give differnt names to all the file u can use the Addtime Stamp option in the file adfapter so it will create the file with the name as time stamp.

If u still face the problem please reply me back.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick response...

i have one doubt... i am using Cond_A idoc as sender..and there is no 0 occurence to map to target ..as per one of the blog.

How to achive this..?

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any suggestions to share how to achive my requirement with out BPM.

If i go with BPM , what would be the approach for my requirement.

1. 3 abstract interfaces

2. 3 mappings

3. interface mapping

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vijay

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If you say three messages, you mean that you need to send three different IDOC Message types? If yes then u need to collect them in BPM and do the logic. 3 Abstract Interfaces is correct, but only 1 Messsage Mapping and 1 Interface Mapping.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a 1:n multi mapping option. To care of the different file names use the dynamic configuration option.

Alternatively you could define 3 different mappings to handle it but I would prefer the first option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

yeah you can do this without BPM

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Thanx

Aamir