Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Category not editable with Reason for Rejection populated

oleg_sukharenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus!

I am a developer and cannot get help from my configurator :o(. Question: per my requirement I need to be able to change lines with Item Category rejected with certain Reason for Rejection code. I can use user-exit for fields modifications for dialog(VA02), but I get error when trying to change line with BAPI. Greatly appreciate your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to change your item category manually in the order, you need to maintain "manual itemcategory" in item category determination (SPRO).

If you want to reject your line item with a reason for rejection, you can do the same in the item level of the document.

Please correct me if I understood your requirement wrongly.

Prase

oleg_sukharenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Prase,

What i meant is, when I rejected a line and then go back to the transaction, the Item Category field is closed for input and i need to edit it. I can get around of the problem with user-exit "modified fields" in dialog(VA02), but BAPI would not work and it would return error message "Item Category cannot be changed" when trying to change rejected line.

Hope it clarify the problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After rejection u cant change the item Cat.

wht u can do is change the item cat. frst then enter reason for rejection or remove the reason for rjection then change the item cat. and then reject the mat.

Hope this helps

Rgds

oleg_sukharenko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the double SO Line update would not work, because if I clear RR first and save, there will be subsequent documents created, which I need to avoid. Thanks for ur time anyway.