Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help on SOAP-JDBC-RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one scenario :

" SOAP Request (UserId) comes to PI, PI calls the external Database by using JDBC and gets relevant data from Database based on UserId. PI maps these data (which comes from database) with BAPI and maps the response of BAPI with Webservice.

Now I've questions:

1. Which is the best way to accomplish this scenario (BPM or DBlookup)?

2. If BPM then what are the steps required to perform this scenario (I am new in BPM)

3. Here there are 4-5 different SAP-HR systems, which can be determined based on the data (http link for perticular HR system) comes from external database. so How can i determine this SAP system? (each system use the same BAPI structure)

4.also there is a value mapping when BAPI sends response back to SOAP sender. how can I perform that?

5.If anyone has relevant documents for this scenario please provide me. It will be great help.

Thank You,

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also implement without BPM:

You will need synchronous scenario plus RFC lookups:

For synchronous JDBC receiver, you can reference following document:

JDBC Receiver Adapter -- Synchronous Select – Step by Step /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Send RFC to SAP XI – Asynchronous

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

JDBC Receiver Adapter -- Synchronous Select – Step by Step

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Usage of Sync-Async when both Sender and Receiver are Synchronous Apps

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

JDBC Synchronous call using BPM

For RFC lookup, check the document:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

Regards.

Liang

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've to use BPM in this scenarion because eventhough I am getting data from external database I am not able to put condition on that fields. For example In this case I've to find out the particular SAP (receiver) system based on URL field, which is coming from the database. But in XPATH I am not able to fetch this URL. I can fetch only source structure fields. So BPM is the best soulution for this interface.

Thanks all for contributions. Appreciated

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj,

It really helps. I need lilttle bit more details for BPM (regarding these steps). Or if there is similar blog then please send me a link of that so I can get better Idea.

I tried couple of blogs but not able to find proper information

Regards

Chintan

Edited by: chintan patel on Mar 27, 2008 1:49 AM

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chintan,

Here you go -http://www.flickr.com/photos/23855877@N07/2364349483/sizes/o/

Three Abstract Synchronous Interface - Sender SOAP, Receiver JDBC, Receiver RFC

Six Asynchronous Interface( Sender SOAP - Request and Response, Receiver JDBC - Request and Response, Receiver RFC - Request and Response)

Step -1

Opens Synch -Asynch Bridge with your Synchronous Abstract Interface( Sender SOAP)

Step -2

Transformation Step - In order to map your Sender SOAP Request to Receiver JDBC Request

Step -3

Synchronous Send - Call the JDBC using JDBC Abstract Interface.

Step -4

Transformation Step - In order to map your JDBC Response to Receiver BAPI Request

Step -5

Synchronous Send - Call the RFC using BAPI Abstract Interface.

Step -6

Transformation Step - In order to map your BAPI Response to Receiver SOAP Response

Step -7

Send Step - Choose Close Synch Asynch Bridge. Close the message by Receiver SOAP Response.

I hope it might be little bit helpful! It is the overview, start working on it, post your questions if you have any doubt will try to solve it.

Thanks,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for sending me links and suggestions.I guess BPM is better approach for this scenario (I read few blogs). It will be great if anyone suggest me the steps for BPM. As I said i never worked with BPM.

Regards

Chintan

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

the best way is ussing BPM.

see this

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/03/10/bpmsingle-sender-and-multiple-receivers-based-on-synchronous-exchangeswitch-part-1

Edited by: Rodrigo Pertierra on Mar 26, 2008 4:41 PM

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

using BPM will be helpful for your dynamic SAP HR systems.

1. If you ar able determin the system by incoming value of DBLookup the use this in your receiver agrrement to determine you HR system.

2. if you have fxed values for this then go for the dynamic receiver agrrements from below link.

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16