cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V12 JCo Connection Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have V12.0.2 (b88). I have created an entry in SAP Server Editor of type JCO. I've supplied the server IP address, Client number, Password, Username, and SystemNumber.

First question - is there anyway to test this connection similar to testing the connection status to a SQLServer db?

Secondly, I have created a simple transaction with a single ERP System Interface action for a 'JCo Interface'. In Configure Object, I chose the SAP Server entry referenced above and all the parameters populated properly. I entered BAPI_MATERIAL_* in the RFC Search Pattern field and clicked on Get List. I immediately received an error dialog box with "JCO Proxy error: null".

This V12.0 xMII install is on a new Netweaver 7 development installation. I believe that I've installed JCO and JRA and any other J term I could find but they may not be configured correctly. The SAP instance I'm trying to connect to is a Discovery Server V2 instance.

Sorry for the long message - I'm trying to give as many details as possible.

Chuck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The easiest way of testing the interface is by creating a new transaction and inserting the action SAP JCO Interface. Select the SAP System alias and press Get List. In this way, you will get a complete list of available function calls from SAP. Just as you do.

If you want to test it, There is a bapi called BAPI_GET_USER_INFO or something like this...

Your second observation sounds like you does not have access. On my installation with your string "BAPI_MATERIAL_* " gives some results.

It is strange, that you get the result you do. On my version, i get another error if PW or username is wrong.

I beleve, that there is some logfiles located at

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0

Also please have a look at this topic.

There might be sone hints...

BR.

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

Thanks for the response. Your thread link didn't seem to take me anywhere other than this thread....anyway -

the logfile applications.0.log got this entry when I tried the GetList:

#1.5 #000C2992F2B5005C0000003C000014840004495C4C9E9A58#1206560678087#/Applications/XMII#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.SAPServer#xxadmin#123##n/a##11ad9d70fb6d11dca819000c2992f2b5#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_13##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.server.SAPServer#Plain###Create Server [alias=ERP_xxsap0,type=JCO,server=192.168.200.71,language=null]#

#1.5 #000C2992F2B5006B00000047000014840004495C4D68BA8D#1206560691338#/Applications/XMII/Xacute#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.servlet.JCOProxy#xxadmin#123##n/a##11ad9d70fb6d11dca819000c2992f2b5#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_17##0#0#Warning#1#/Applications/XMII/Xacute#Plain###Error Disconnecting XMLProxyHandler#

#1.5 #000C2992F2B5006B00000049000014840004495C4D6B9868#1206560691526#/Applications/XMII/Xacute#sap.com/xappsxmiiear#com.sap.xmii.servlet.JCOProxy#xxadmin#123##n/a##11ad9d70fb6d11dca819000c2992f2b5#SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_17##0#0#Error#1#/Applications/XMII/Xacute#Plain###JCO Proxy Error: null#

I don't know if this helps...is there another log file to read?

Thanks,

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you installed the JCO Libraries as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udayan,

Yes - according to the SAP Note 1025999 and the xMII V12 install instructions. I have both librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll in the /windows/system32 directory.

Chuck

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I got the answer but does not have any suggestions, I am afraid.

BR

Poul.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using those credentials to log into SAP via SAPGUI (assuming that that ID has permission to do so). That is a good way to prove the credentials without going through xMII.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. This one, please have a look.

http://localhost:port -> Web dynpro -> Web dynpro console -> Jco connection pools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

Okay - the JCO Connection Pools Client Monitor grid is empty.

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poul,

Not sure if you received my replies - I do not show any entries in the JCO Connection Pools list....

Do you have a next step recommendation?

Thanks -

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wrong link, this is the content.

A few more hints, the quick version

JRA via BLS logfiles are usually placed in

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\, in my case called dev_rfc.trc.

JRA Connections can be found and verified with the following tool.

http://localhost:port -> Web dynpro -> Web dynpro console -> Jco connection pools.

In Visual administrator -> Server0 -> Services -> Connector container -> Your JRA name. Select the connection name belov and select tab Managed connection factory, then properties.

Here you can add one of the following

Trace - Enable/disable trace on all middleware layers(true or false). On default is false.

TraceRFC - Enable/disable RFC trace (true or false). On default is false.

TraceJCO - Enable/disable JCO trace (0 for none, 10 for highest level). On default 0. Type Integer.

TraceJRA - Enable/disable JRA trace (0 for none, 10 for highest level). On default 0. Type Integer.

Which enables further logging, also found in the dir.

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\.

Espacially

In Visual administrator -> Server0 -> Services -> Connector container -> Your JRA name. Select the connection name belov and select tab Managed connection factory, then properties.

This should give you info. regarding any connections. I think...

BR.

Poul.