cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can File Adapter Select Based on File Age?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to configure a File Sender communication channel to only pick up files that are at least 10 minutes old (been in the sending directory for that long)?

I want to avoid anything requiring an external process (ie. temp directory or outside scheduler moving files).

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no such function in the File Adapter (at least i don't know one

Only function (for NFS) is that you can always take the oldest file in directory.

So i guess without any external process there will be no possibility.

Regards

Patrick

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Do you mean, if the input file is still being written by some applications the File adapter is supposed to wait for the application before processing?

If so, you have the option Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Enter the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before it checks whether the files have been changed.

This parameter is not available if you have selected File Content Conversion as the Message Protocol and then made an entry under Recordsets per Message that splits an input file into several messages.

From SAP Help.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No...I have files that will be writing to a directory for R/3 RFC "retries" and want to wait x minutes before retrying in order to get a better load rate (retry necessary because someone is locking an R/3 object).