cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging - How to set up Priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM Experts,

Have a few questions on setting up priority while merging.

1. If we have say 4 legacy systems(A,B,C,D) sending "material Description" how can we do the following:

a. Merge automatically with the data values coming from System B.

i.e if system A sends Material Desc = "A001", sys B sends "B001", C sends "C001" and D sends "D001",

after the automatic merge the the field "Material Desc" should show the values from System B i.e B001.

b. If system B send a null value then value from system C should be taken .

In short we need to set up priority.

Kindly let me know how to do this.

Appreciate your answers very much.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM User,

Within MDM for the Matching & Merging operation,we have the option to automatically prepopulate some of the fields of the Merged record.but this will happen only in the following three conditions:

- NONE

- ALL VALUES EQUAL

- ALL VALUES EQUAL OR NULL

It means if sys A is sending A001 sys B is sending B002 and sys C is also sending B001 then MDM can populate the merged record with B001 as ALL VALUES EQUAL.

So which ever values are equal among the three sytems for a single field that values gets prepopulated in the merged record.

You can set this option in the configuration options in MDM data manager.

I do not think there is any way to set priority while merging.

Hope it helped

Reward point sif found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to what I have understood, you want the merging of records based on the priorities of the legacy systems.

Like if value in system A not present it should take value from system B and so on.

Such an automation is not possible.

You need to select the values to be merged manually.

As far as I know setting such priorities is not possible.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To help streamline the merging of multiple records that may have many fields, qualifiers, and attributes, MDM can automatically set the values of the Merged Record column in the Merge Records dialog with values from the selected records, so that you don’t have to set them manually.

Specifically, MDM auto-populates values based on the setting of the Auto-Populate in Merge Records dialog configuration option, as follows:

· None. No values are auto-populated in the Merged Record column; every one of them must be set manually.

· All Values Equal. Values for rows highlighted in black are auto-populated in the Merged Record column.

· All Values Equal or NULL. Values for rows highlighted in blue are auto-populated in the Merged Record column.

When you use the Auto-Populate option, MDM automatically populates the Merged Record values when you first enter the Merge Records dialog. Using the third option above, the only values that remain to be set manually are for rows where value differences are highlighted in magenta or red.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha