cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat File Infopackage (request) deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I realize this is a BW related question, but I am going to ask it in this forum as well as I think APO consultants may deal with flat file upload of transactional data more often.

I have an infocube that is to be loaded from multiple flat files (each user has his/her own flat file) on a monthly basis. I need to be able to delete the previously loaded request based on the infopackage name to prevent duplication in the cube, but NOT delete the requests loaded by infopackages with different names.

The automatic deletion logic on the "Data Targets" tab of the infopackage does not seem to support this level of deletion (only at the Source System, Data Source, or Info Source level).

Has anyone done this before? If so, how was it accomplished? Did you use the "Request Selection Through Routine" functionality?

Sean Mawhorter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if there are standard ways. You should be able to create a routine in the Automatic tab for deleting requests with specific infopackage names.

Usually I would assume if multiple people are uploading file, then they may be dealing with consistent set of CVCs. In that case you can try with selections overlapping option.

Perhaps someone in BW forum can answer this better. There could be a standard program lurking around to selectively delete contents in an infocube based on infopackage name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I posted this thread in the BW forum at the same time as this one. I think that the only way to accomplish this requirement is through the use of code in the infopackage selective deletion functionality (option, "request selection through routine").

The thread below was obtained through the BW forum and shows some examples that I will use to create code to accomplish this.

[|]

Sean