cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block reusage of archived Project definition and WBS element numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have archived our projects using the TC SARA and the Project definition and WBS elements numbers no more exist in tables PROJ and PRPS etc.. When I now try to create a new project, the system proposes the next open number or allows to enter a number which is the same as one of the archived projects. But in our organization we cannot reuse the Project definition and WBS element numbers (even if it is archived) as a rule.

Can anybody guide me what are the possibilities to block or avoid the reusage of the numbers of archived project definition and WBS elements in a fool-proof way?

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One Workaround:

Use T code OPSJ and lock the project coding mask. Doing this you can not use this mask any more.

But you want to continue using the mask but with different numbers. Not sure how this can be acheived. lets wait for others view

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the information. But we have to use the same mask.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume deletion of projects from the database will allow you to create projects with numbers which previously existed.

If this is standard and we don't have any solution (standard/simple) you might need to thing in angle of adding a validation for project numbers. Clumsy solution!

Regards

Sreenivas