cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on career to pick SAP Netweaver stuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a J2ee Developer with 4 yrs of experience, I am planning on to shift to SAP Netweaver stuff, and before I talk to a trainer , what should I really know to get a job in this field, I mean as far as I understand SAP R/3,ABAP,BW , NETWEAVER AND XI...is this skill set good enough ...learning is not a problem but getting the s/w is the problem.PLEASE ADVICE .

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Since you are a java developer, it would be good for you to take something which requires Java knowledge as a prerequisite.

SAP Enterprise Portal is a good choice, SAP mobile infrastructure is another one which requires java knowledge. WebDynpro development also requires java. All the above come with the Netweaver Sneak preview Java edition which is available free in SDN. So getting the sw is not a problem.

Learning it using the tutorials is pretty easy and if you write the certification, you should be all set to go into the market.

Hope this helps. Please remember to award points if this was useful.

Regards

Yuvaraj Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mani,

as you said Portal stuff is fine, but what would help me more , what should I learn around Netweaver and XI stuff , I mean like ABAP , SAP R/3,BW !!!

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I suggested the components in Netweaver suite which require Java knowledge becuase you already have java experience. You do not have to learn ABAP in order to get into SAP development.

Enterprise portal is a separate product. You need to learn how to develop components for EP. You will be using java to program these components. You do not need to learn XI or R/3 or BW in order to develop components in EP.

regards

Yuvaraj Mani

Answers (0)