cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pass the data betweem 2 i view's ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I have 2 iviews on Portal which runs 2 diff WD application .

During the run time i want to pass the data from I-view A to B.

I tried the above in 2 ways .

1) Making the Component useage of B in A and created the interface method in B . Calling the Interface method during the run time in A which will pass the data to B

2) created the Context nodes of B as interface Context mapped with Component Controller Context of A .

Problem .

when i tried first one . i pass the data to component B and i bind it to the context of component controller and view context . The view (I-view on portal) is not been refreshed at all and does not dispaly the values passed .

when i tried second method when i run the component B from ABAP work bench it Dumps with the error Context mapping to component controller not complete . but works fine when i delete the mapping between the View of Component B and Component Controller of B . But in later case i am unable to populate the data to view Context of B

Please assist which method do i have to follow to pass the data and display it on component (i-view) B

Thanks in advance

Badari Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Badri,

Here i am moving values between two components.

eg:- From Component A -> Node/internal table (node_a) having 10 attribute values

to Component B ->Node (node_b) having 10 attribute values

( Component B node structure should be Same as Comp A's node/internal table)

Create one interface method in Component B with Importing parameter ( Importing Parameter type should be same as Component B node's structure ).In that method we should Set or Bind the Component A values to node in component B . after that we can call that interface method in Component A and we can pass the component A values to interface method's Exporting parameter .

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay ,

Thanks for the Quick reply . I did exactacly the same way .. that you have mentioned . i was able to successfully bind also to the Context of component B .. but values are are not being reflected in view . Also binding to the UI is also correct ,

One reason may be component A and B are in diff window & iview. when we create interface method . It creates the instanace of the component B and i think that it will not pass the data to the actual B component . Am i correct here ?

Is you component A and B embeded in two diff windows ? or I-view's ? if they are in same window what you mentioned will work fine ..

Please assist

Thanks in advance

Badari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks ,

I was able to solve the above issue with POrtal eventing ..

[Portal_eventing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/da/f96f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Edited by: Badarinarayan Patil on Mar 31, 2008 11:29 AM