cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Mapping based on a condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we use some condition to differentiate different mappings based on the source feild?

My scenario is the invoice from R/3 is imported into XI and based on a feild Receiver company code&Company name , different mappings needs to be executed and please keep in mind (different mappings include include verisons like EDIFACT, TRADACOM etc)

Please guide me!!

Thanks,

Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a usual requirement and it can be done in interface determination. In condition editor choose a condition (field, value, EQ, NE, ...) and assign a different mapping for different values.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. As per my understanding,

If we have 4 customers whom we need to send invoices based on the company code and description,

The following needs to be created:

one outbound interface in PI(Idoc from R/3 )

Four inbound interfaces from PI to EDI

Four different mappings

In receiver determination based on the condition the message mapping is selected and delivered .

Please confirm

Thanks,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly except the last item..

the differentiation, which mapping is used is done in interface determination. Receiver determination determines the target system.

So if you are sending for example SOAP messages to the same target URL, you can use only one target system (will be enough) and the differentiation will be still working in the interface determination.

If you need to send messages to different URLs (or generally, you need to use different adapters for target systems), use 4 target systems.

Peter

Answers (0)