cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Distribution standard workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM 4.0, server 5.0, backend ECC 6.0.

We have been used to disable the option of using cost distribution within SRM, but now we have the need for it. Is there a standard workflow for this type of cost distribution? I mean, the approval process would have to go to several different approvers because of different cost centers, so is there a standard workflow for this?

Thanks for info!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

As far as i know, the line item approval is the most detailed WF but in your case, this is not enough

Let's wait for SRM WF guru's answers....

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for info though.

But I really believe that there should be some kind of standard workflow, because in theory you could assign 100 different cost centers to the same line in SRM, so it would not make any sense that only 1 approver can take care of it all...

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes but in the standard workflow, all managers will be able to see the cost centers lines dedicated to others managers.

You don't have anything in standard to hide the cost centers that do not belongs to you to prevent modification.

The line item approval was designed for this BUT at line item level which is not enough in your case as you have multi cost centers for each line item.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly - line item is not good enough for my need here.

Today we use the BAdI BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI together with WS14500015 workflow. Again, only for line item.

I am just wondering what is SAP's thoughts on this issue? It would not make any sense to create the option for cost distribution and then expect 1 approver to approve for alle different cost centers.

Any other comments on this would be great - does anybody use cost distribution, and how are you then handling approvals?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible with SAP standard workflow template. You have to develop custom workflow template.

Regards,

Masa