cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move archive files from file system to a Content Server repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I don't know if this is the correct forum but anyway,

We are in the process of upgrading from 4.6C to ERP 6.0 and need to move/transfer the already created archive files from the file system of the 4.6C environment to a Content Server repository. This means that today the archive files exist at UNIX level on the SAP server and we want to transfer them to a CS repository. We need to do this in the 4.6C environment prior to taking the 6.0. environment into service. Then we need to make the necessary customizing and set up the CS repository also in 6.0, to enable future archiving and access to the archive files transferred to the CS.

Customizing needed for archiving is there and CS repository has been created in 4.6C and is working, i.e. we have tested to archive certain archive objects and storing the archive files on the CS. This process is working all the way and the archived data is accessible on the CS. The CS is UNIX based and the archive files are put on the file system of the server.

But, now we can't figure out how to make the transfer of the already created archive files. We have searched the OSS and found a couple of notes describing how to create a report (ABAP program) to use for the transfer. But this program requires both a from and to repository to work. The problem is that there is no from repository available since the archive files exist only on the UNIX file system of the SAP server.

Our question is if anybody has any experience of the same problem and may have a solution? Or maybe an idea on how it could be solved?

Kind regards,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just have to run the STORE job ( TA: SARA -> Storage System -> Store ) to store the archive files from file system into the CS. Once the archive file is successfully stored into the CS it is automatically deleted from the file system

Hope this helps

-Samanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samanjay,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is that I thought this would work, but when testing it I couldn't get it to work at all. The storage jobs always cancel with the message that the file is not accessible (error message CMS 70).

Whatever customizing and set up of the content reppository I have tried doesn't make things much better. I have tried to set the logical and physical paths in customizing to reflect where the files are really located on the file system but to no avail. I have also fiddled with the basic path and archive path in tr OAC0 to try to get the system to read the file. Nothing so far has helped. So here I'm now stuck. I'm able to select the archive files in the storage step in tr SARA but then when starting the job it cancelles.

As said in my original message everything seems to work if running new archiving jobs, i.e. all steps are going OK and the archive file ends up on the CS and is also readable on the CS.

Any ideas on what it may be that I'm doing wrong here would be much appreciated.

Regards

Roger

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you set the logical and physical paths in customizing to reflect filelocation did you check from TA: SARA -> Management and see if the archive file is shown as accessible?

From what you say I think the problem is to do with file permissions. Check the permission for the directory and archive files. Also make sure that the archive directory is accessible by all the application servers.

[How to display Archive file details|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8d/3e5021462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm]

-Samanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check the file permissions and also once more the customizing. Then run new tests and see what happens.

Regards

Roger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also need to store archive files in a Content Server repository.

Until now, we have archived materials data (MM_MATNR) with AOBJ parameter u201Cstart automaticallyu201D (for storage) disable. So, our archive files only exist, for the moment, at Unix level on the SAP.

I want to store them in a Content Server repository but I donu2019t know how to do it for the existing files.

I have tried u201CSARA -> Storage System -> Store -> archive selectionu201D but none of my past runs are u201Cselectableu201D. Iu2019ve got a lightning in front of each of them.

Can you help me ?

Is there a way to do it massively ? Iu2019ve go more than 5000 files to store.

Thanks and regards

Cipriano