cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a custom login page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I would like to create a custom login page for a standalone (which means "not running in a portal") Web Dynpro Application. The standard login page you can activate by setting the "sap.authentication" property should be modified.

If I use the Web AS Configtool for modification the changes I make there apply to all Web Dynpro Applications.

Is it possible to create a login page just for a certain WD Application?

Thanks for help!

Torben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ramakrishna,

FYI on page 16 of the tutorial you created on page 16 it says

<i>"Provided the system contains the appropriate <b>flight</b> data, it will display in the browser as shown below"</i>

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Caution:

If creating your own login pages, I dont think webdynpro supports delayed login , which means you couldnt create com.sap.security.api.IUser object progrmatically and thus create an user session and generate session cookies , this is handled by the standard login modules.

I think you will have to modify the standard login page, parameterize it with query string and so presents itself differently based on the query string parameters. However you will have to supply different urls to different user groups (querystring being the only difference)

Regards

Pran

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There's nothing stopping you from putting a view before your regular application asking the user for a user name and password. You will have to handle the check of both, also you will probably want to encrypt the password to store in the database.

Regards,

Rich Heilman