cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QI Stock without Insp Lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Champs,

My problem is that as per requirement of my client i mapped Inventory Posting VMENGE08 to post Other Quantity( NON-Valuated stock ) to Un-restricted use stock with movement type 311 from Q stock specified in QM config. This scenario is running fine in development and quality Servers, but after Live when i look at the posting done at VMENGE08 are gone to Quality Inspection Stock and there is no Inspection Lot for that.

Is there anything gone wrong ??

Sanjeev Sehgal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyway to move out this type of QI stock ( which have no inspection lot ) and cannot be processed by using 321 movement type to Un-restricted use stock.

Regards

Sanjeev Sehgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create insp lot for insp stock which are not managed by QM , you can use QA08 mass processing, with "activate despite inspection stock" option.

You can need to assign suitable insp type for insp origin 08 and same to be assigned in customising.

Also defaults values (post to insp stock , quality score procedure ) needs to be set for that insp type in the customising.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM gurus,

There is no Insp Lot for that particular Material with CRTD status and for 311 movement type qm is inactive. I have compared all the customizing settings are same in quality system and production system. In Material Master 08 Insp Type is active in Quality and Production system both. But i have deactivated qm from 311 movement type. So why the stock moves to QI stock without any Inspection Lot. How to resolve this problem.

Regards

Sanjeev Sehgal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the batch in QI, review MB51 for the material movement that put it there. That may give you and us an idea of how it got there.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also compare the "Insp type for insp stock" specified in the Insp lot creation tab of the Plant level QM settings.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

I checked the material document and it shows that stock is moved to Un-restricted use, but when i look the stock in mmbe or mb52 it is in Quality Inspection.

Regards

Sanjeev Sehgal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your sure you have the correct material document then you have and inconsistency. SAP has a special report that can correct that. You can search OSS and download the report and it will fix your issue I think. I don't remember the report name off the top of my head. But I'm sure a quick search of OSS with the keywords Inventory, correction, and quality should yield the note for you.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is that in your develpment/quality systems, the tick box for "QM inactive" is ticked on for MT 311 while in production it is not.

Please check that in config for material movements.

If you look via QA32 for lots with a CRTD status I suspect you'll find some '08' inspection lots sitting out there.

You might have the material mastes set up differently. It might be possible that you have the 08 inspection type set up in production, but not in the development/quality systems. And it may be that the 08 SHOULD be set up for other business processes so that doesn't mean that is really wrong. Only the business would know that.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please check matrial master in quality view of that material where you may check click in post to inspection stock for that material.

regards

Pravin