cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull and Push deployment Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please let me know the difference between Pull and Push deployment Horizon with their significance during the deployment run.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Using F1 should help answer your question. However, I have put in the following explaination below:

The Pull Deployment Horizon considers the Fulfillment of Demand from the Distribution Center / Customer. It is that period of time during which the deployment is carried out based on the Distribution Demand. During a Deployment Run, the total Distribution Demand within this Horizon is fulfilled.

This type of Deployment depends also on the Push Distribution setting. For a value of P (Pull/Push), the demand within the Horizon is Fulfilled immediately. For a value of Pull, the demand is Fulfilled on the due date.

For Example: at the beginning of a month,

1. The Pull Deployment Horizon is 15 Days

2. Two Distribution Demands exist at the 10th and 15th of the month

The result is, the Deployment considers only that demand confirmed on the 10th (Requirement is fulfilled immediately / on the 10th, based on the Push Distribution Setting)

The Push Deployment Horizon, in comparison, considers the distribution of the stock on hand from the Manufacturing Plant. This is the period of time, over which the deployment considers receipts that were defined in the ATD Receipt category of the location master.

For the purposes of Deployment, the date at which the Stock on Hand at the Plant is distributed is determined based on the Push Distribution setting. Only stock on hand within the push deployment horizon is taken into account for push deployment.

For Example: at the beginning of a month,

1. The Pull Deployment Horizon is 15 Days

2. Two confirmed productions (confirmed stock) exist at the 10th and 15th of the month

3. The ATD Receipt Category considers only categories for confirmed production.

The result is, during the Deployment run, only the production confirmed on the 10th, is taken into account.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Sharath Krishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I am new to SAP APO.. I've gone through deployment heuristic info in the help section and understood fairshare and push rules. However i am not able to understand Pull and Push deployment Horizons clearly(bits and pieces). If you have any more clear examples with screenshots can you please share it. It would be very helpful to us .

Please share it . Thank you

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pull deployment horizon is the period for which system will consider the Distribution Demand at a location for Deployment, deployment will happen only for the distribution demand within the pull horizon depending on Push Distribution setting.

Push deployment is the period within which only the system will consider the supplies as defined in ATD category group for deployment, the deployment will happen based on type of Push Distribution defined.

In case of Pull deployment horizon minimum of Pull deployment horizon and deployment horizon as defined in deployment profile is considered.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Former Member
0 Kudos

pull depl horizon: period of time over which deployment considers the planned distr demand.

during the depl run the system will try to fullfil all the demand within the horizon

push depl horizon : is the period in which all the reciepts are cumlated to arrive at a ATD quantity for deployment

the section in SCM help under SNP has a section called deployment that explains this clearly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Have you tried with F1 and www.help.sap.com ?