cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB connect runs on application server, but not on central instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our BW 3.5 system runs on a oracle Database,. We use the DB connect technic to read some conversion table from our SAP system. Last weekend we migrate the SAP oracle db to Maxdb. We install all relevant libraries on the BW servers and rebuild the DB connection.

Now we have the problem that the connection runs on the application server but not on the central instance. In other words:

We connect a oracle database(BW) with a maxdb database(SAP R/3). When I run the test report ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION on the application server it works. But when I run the report on the database server I get the message:

Could not open connection SAP_R3_DB .

sql error 888- occured:

Could not load libpcr (No registered version (7.5.0) found.)

Debugging brings, that this statment on central instance lead to the error, but with the same parameters on application server is ok?

CALL 'C_DB_FUNCTION' ID 'FUNCTION' FIELD 'DB_SQL'

ID 'FCODE' FIELD c_fcode_connect

ID 'CONNAME' FIELD con_name

ID 'CONDA' FIELD con_da

ID 'SQLCODE' FIELD sql_code

ID 'SQLMSG' FIELD sql_msg.

Any idea? Thank you.

Ralf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

first, the correct forum for this question would be the MaxDB one not the oracle one as oracle is not involved in this connection.

Second, the error you get:

> Could not load libpcr (No registered version (7.5.0) found.)

it is explained in the following two MaxDB notes:

SAP Note 822239 FAQ: MaxDB Interfaces

SAP Note 1144394 Start of application server failed -888 could not load ...

You could have found those two notes very quickly if you would have used

1) the search functionality in this forum

2) The search functionality in the SAP notes http://service.sap.com/notes

Probably it would have been faster than writting your question and getting this reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not a database or OS administrator. So, sorry when I place the question to the wrong forum. But the error message from the c_function is coming from the BW oracle system and not from the MaxDB! So what is now the right place?

When I post a question in this forum, you can be sure that I checked the OSS before. These notes are not relevant for our systems(UNIX and not windows).

Anyhow we can solve the problem. The administrator install the libraries on the application server, but forget to mount these libraries on the central instance (it's a separate machine).

For me a very simple mistake but with a big effect. BW can not load any data for more than four days!!

Thanks Ralf(BW consultant)