cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing new sap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone

we have a 2 system landscape.the disk space left on dev is only 28gb. and the production size is 230 gb or something .we want to refresh the production system on the dev server atleast once a month.so is it advisable to upgrade the hardware of dev server (if so how?) or is it better to install a quality system and refresh the production on quality (how to install the quality server what are the requirements what are the things to be considered?) it like converting the 2 system landscape to three system landscape.plz give me related note numbers or links to study or provide me some documents.any information will be helpful

regards

subhash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a 2 system landscape.the disk space left on dev is only 28gb. and the production size is 230 gb or something .we want to refresh the production system on the dev server atleast once a month.so is it advisable to upgrade the hardware of dev server (if so how?)

-> how you refresh DEV server from Production server? with client export/import or system refresh with DB copy?

Space on DEV server is low so you can add new HDD on DEV server eaisly.

then check Note 363018 - File management for SQL Server

converting the 2 system landscape to three system landscape

-> if you want to install new QAS server then you can perform homogeneous system copy from PRD to QAS

so no need to refresh QAS client ( i.e same as PRD )

check 151603 :Copying an SQL Server database (homogeneous system copy)

also check 551915 - R/3 won't start after database restore or database copy

then configure STMS again for three system landscape.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kaushal,

After configuring from 2 system to 3 system landscape, do we need to delete the old stms configuration?

We want to add new server as our PRD keeping old PRD as QAS. so how to go about it, pls suggest?

( I think that let the old PRD be the same( with the same SID) and install sap on new server with sid PRD. Copy

the data from old PRD to new PRD. configure the stms, just by adding new system in the existing landscape. But I

doubt... bcos it was configured as 2 SL. Do I need to delete everything?? my DEV is configured as DOmain Controller)

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

You need to delete the old STMS config through SE06 as DDIC user.

With DEV as domain controller you need to choose 3 system Landscape while configuring.

Did you mean that for QAS system, the SID is 'PRD' and the new Production also will also be 'PRD'. Its not advisable. SID's of all systems in the same landscape MUST BE UNIQUE !

You change the old PRD SID to QAS.

While trying to include the PRD sytem, for Target host mention the IP Address of the new PRD system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/b4a1917acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji,

Thanks for your reply.

The new prd will be PRD and old one is BOS( existing prd whcih willbe the quality system. We do not want to change any SID now).

From dev delete the stms??? so before doing so, what abt the new development which the abaper are doing? That will also get deleted?

Need to freeze the dev, right?

Please suggest?

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

When configuring STMS, freeze the Development activitives otherwise it will generate the request as 'Local change request'. If the request is listed under "Local", it can NOT be transported to another system.

Make sure to release all locked objects, Nothing would be lost. Use SE80 -> Edit Object -> Development Coordination -> select package name and change the Transport Layer. They need to be reassigned to a development class before they can be transported.

To configure STMS log onto client 000 with DDIC

Press F1 in Package to read more on help.

Answers (0)