cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy on Microsoft Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have installed test system (named UET) as Central System and Production system (named UEP) as HA system on Microsoft Windows Cluster Services (two nodes). We can make a system copy from test to production. All systems are based on Oracle 10.2.0.2, MS Windows Sever 2003, non-unicode.

First we try database independent System Copy (R3load), but after import into the target system, it was impossible to logon to SAP system - following errors was in SysLog:

Database: Database error 2289 at INS access to table DDLOG

Database: > ORA-02289: sequence does not exist

SAP-Basis System: Error at DB commit, return code 001024

SAP-Basis System: SAP Commit Failed

So we try backup/restore method, but there was another Oracle errors (file needs more recovery, file header error and so on).

My question is, how to make this System Copy efficiently an with a good result. And other question - in backup/restore method, is sufficient to run in target system only database instance (Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks -> System Copy -> Oracle -> Target System -> High-Availability System

-> Based on AS ABAP -> Database Instance)?

Thanks for any advice

Vaclav Jonas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Read the Note 36283 - Buffer synchronization --> In this note -->

"In the case of error message ORA-2289, see Note 185821" the note 185821 it's old (for 8.0 oracle , but the error as you write) and i'm think you need to read it (the note 36283 it's new, I think SAP would not began to refer to the bad note).

In note 36283 -->

"the system was created using a database copy from another R/3 system and, before start-up, Table DDLOG was not checked to make sure that it did not contain any records. In such a case, buffer invalidation is generally not carried out."

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Mar 26, 2008 2:25 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used backup/restore method, database instance only and new system runs good.

Vaclav Jonas