cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to copy window to another smartform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a window in one smartform which i want to use in another smartform (no copy of first smartform, so other inputparameters). Because of it's complexity i don't want to write it again. How can you copy a window?

i get always an error when trying to download a subtree, saying that my cursor is in an invalid position, so i have no idea if that could be the solution.

thanks on advance

Guido Bouman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Bouman ,

Its simple just download smartforms to local drive ....
and upload whenever u want.....

if you dont want to download it .... you have another option...follow the below steps it works....

you create one zform in local object.....

1) open zsmartform and select window which you want to copy
2) and press back or f3 button and come out of current form and open zform(local object) ... and right click on page and paste it... it will works...as i ve done in my development....

if you need any clarification contact me.....

Dont forgot to Reward me points .....

All the very best....

Regards,

Sreenivasa sarma K.

Edited by: sharmashree kashi on Mar 26, 2008 3:34 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I found it.

since a copy of the smartform was not helpfull, because the other smartform had other interface parameters. the copy and paste part did trigger other things.

when you copy a window or even a page to memeory and then download the subtree, the content of the memory will be downloaded. in the other smartform you can upload the subtree and then the only thing you have to do is to paste it because it is placed in memory.

Guido

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you make a copy of this smartform, name is as the new smartform you want..let the window that you want be there..Delete remaining windows...