cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Sheet , Profit & Loss Statement - URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii all of u ...

My client is asking to configure Balance sheet and Profit and loss statement with cost centers groupings..

I have tried no.of times in OB58 , but SAP has given this functionality for both statements ( B/S , P&L) in one Financial statement version , or else system is showing the unassigned accounts and by the selection of Structured Statement, Profit is not calculating in F.54 .

In OB58 we can't able to configure P&L Statement with cost centers grouping , i think it is possible in Report Painter

If anybody having the configuration guide regarding Report painter for this object plsss forward it to me , it is very urgent to me....

Plsss help me out guys....

thanks in advance

ramki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

FI balance and P&L is based on G/L accounts and bussiness area's (not on cost centers)

When you have set up costcenter accounting on the way that all P&L are going to a costcenter you can run P&L from cos center accounting. (create there a cost center stucture like in OB58)

When you want to have balance and P&L by cost center (group) you have to do this in Profit center accounting. Then you need a profit center by costcenter (group) and what to do with Sales?

regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Give me mail id.

Shang Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Shammi thanks for ur valuable reply..

My mail ID is - Ramkiveera@gmail.com

Thanks

Ragards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the Email.

Regards

Shammi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Shammi i didnt recd any thing in my mail...

Plsss send to me second time...

my mail id - ramkiveera@gmail.com

Plssss

Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramki,

Your client certainly looks over enthuastic and expecting reports which are against standard accounting principles.

Cost centers accumilate and distribute costs posted to them. Most of the balance sheet transactions are neither costs nor revenues, they are in most cases assets or liabilities.

Any way, the point how to educate the client. Inform about profit centers and the balance sheet extracted from it. But that involves activating PCA and making sure all costs revenues are posted.Next transferring balance sheet items in the proportion decided by the client ( That's tough )

Alternatively, ABAP development or a report from report painter would throw mind boggling challenges.

You seem to have no options but convince client of the practical impossibilities.

reg

assign points if it makes sense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii suresh thanks for ur valuable reply....

what iam asking is to confifure B/S and P&L statement seperately in OB58 , but it is not possible to configure seperately as system will check the total accounts in chart of accounts whether all accounts r assigned or not , if not system will show the unassigned gl accounts..ok

Iam asking to configure P&L Statement as cost center heirarchy wise...say for ex: salaries paid will go to manufacturing exp and Admn Exp and Selling exp..like that client is asking...it is correct. It is possible in Report painter...

Have u knowledge on report painter....

Regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the mail.

Regards

Shammi