cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIC in Module configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have imported Seeburger SWCV into IR and i can see different message types(orders,invoices etc) in external definitions and some standard mappings like(E_ORDERS_96A_to_I_ORDERSO5_LIST, T_ORDERS_V9_to_I_ORDERS05, etc)in message mapping.Does the suffix T stands for Tradacom, E stands for edifact are corect assumption?

If i'm using the external definition(source message) and the message mapping from here, Do i still need to give the parameters in BIC module.

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are ok with the EDI structure given in the External def means there is no need of any development in BIC.

If you want extra more fields to be added means then you have to think abt that.

Dont forget to make .sda file in BIC tool and deploy the same on XI server using SDM

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Thanks for your reply.

My understanding is:

So, if i want to add some extra feilds to the already existing external definition then i can add it manually and the module parameters needs to defined. this BIC module parameters will help us to convert the source into xml and map to the target idoc.

Please confirm

Thanks,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , you are right. what ever the fields we have added here in External def the same should be reflected in the BIC standard mapping program also inorder to convert the EDI_XML and vice versa

Regards

Seshagiri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri & Kishore,

Thanks for your clarifications.

Cheers,

Smith

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

According to the existing structures which are present in the external defintions proceed.. and dont forget to deploy the .SDA file in the XI server using SDM..

before that u need to create an Project which contains active mapping in which u need to move what ever the mappings and structures which u needed from there u can generate .SDA file and u can deploy it in server..

and at the same time u need to some configuration steps in MODULE CONFIGURATION to call the BIC mapping designer program which was deployed as .SDA file in the server.

revert back with ur exact queries..

regards,

Kishore