cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component monitoring - adapter engine error, but no channel in error actual

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem in displaying a status of Adapter Engine in RWB. In component monitoring there's a red light and the status - "Are communication channels without errors?" says there's an communication channel in error. But when I click the Communication channel monitoring, everything's green there. Yes, there was an error before, but it's ok now. Why is the AE item in Component monitoring still red? How to make it to reflect the current status?

Thank you,

Olian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

in RWB in component monitoring there is a button for cache connectivity test..........just click it and then in the window which opens, click start test.......then i think your adpter engine should be green.......then close RWB and then reopen it and in component monitoring your adapter engine status should be green.........i think that it is just a cache issue of cache not getting refreshed.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I tried it and everything's yellow. Which cache do I need to refresh?

Thank you,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

I checked it again and last cache notification was done few minutes ago, but the status in Component monitoring wasn't changed.

Any ideas how to solve it?

Thank you,

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

just close RWB and reopen it..............the system should ask your username again to log into RWB........if it is not asking, then close RWB and SLD and SXMB_IFR and try to open RWB again from SXMB_IFR................if the system asks for username to log into RWB, then go to componnt monitoring and now you should have the new status for adapter engine.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it was asking, but the status is still the same

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

what status cache test is showing for adapter engine now?

what status of adapter engine in component monitoing now?

tell the above things plz and what is the time system showing of complete cache test done..........if adapter engine is red because of comm channel error...........just go to comm channel monitoring and search for channel with error and you will get your erroring comm channel.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 26, 2008 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

there is no communicatino channel in error.

The status of cache test ist yellow, and sometimes green (which is ok, because when the refresh is started, the status is yellow).

"26.3.2008 10:28:52 - Cache notification from Integration Directory received successfully"

"Attempt to fetch cache data from Integration Directory not yet started or still in process"

Status in component monitoring is still red.

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

latest info:

26.3.2008 10:28:52 - Cache notification from Integration Directory received successfully

26.3.2008 10:28:57 - Cache data fetched successfully and updated

Adapter Engine status is still red.

But there is also: Self-test status in red. But I think, this is because the AE is in red.

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

i am saying to use the cache connectivity test button option from RWB -> compnent monitoring , so have you done cache test using this? if yes, click on refresh display to see the latest adapter engine status..............if it is green, then it is okay..............but if it is red here, it means some comm channel is erroring sometimes - i guess it can be a file adapter using ftp or some rfc adapter......................

if it is green here and compnent monitoring - adapter engine status is red because some comm channel errored in past.........then i think some cache is not getting refreshed - i do not know exactly how to rectify it...........but i can tell you some workaround for it..............the comm channel which was erroring just stop it from comm channel monitoring........then close RWB and again open it and see compnent monitoring - adapter engine status again in it - i think it should be green now.......or try by changing any comm channel description data in ID and save and activate it.........then again check your compnent monitoring - adapter engine status..................but dont worry i think this is a temporary problem

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 26, 2008 11:50 AM

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Restart the J2EE engine. It should work.

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Podhana,

thank you for the answer but I need something "lighter".

Olian