Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries related to Enhancements on MAU application

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have some questions on Enhancements of MAU application.

1. In mau_extn.views file we do the mapping between standard view & the customer extended view.

eg: home.home_mgmt=home.zmau_home_mgmt

Can I do the mapping If the customer view is in another package say zcustom .

like home.home_mgmt= zcustom .zmau_home_mgmt

will this work ? or this has to be in the same package.?

2. Its true that for every view there is a different jsp & a different view controller and custom controller.

If I am extending a new view file from an existing view

say home.home_mgmt=home.zmau_home_mgmt .

In this case is it possible to use the view controller of the existing jsp or do I have to make an entirely new View controller file?

What should be the best practice to be followed.

Ideas & Suggestions are truely welcome

Thanks & Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first question,

The mapping is done in web.xml and not in extn views. You can create your own folder for your own custom JSP pages and create a new view files for the corresponding custom jsp pages in the same folder as in standard or in a different folder but make sure that web.xml takes care of which JSP to invoke based on mapping. You have to take care of this mapping in web.xml

Hope you understood this.

For the second Question:

You can use the standard view controller until and unless you dont have extra operations( i mean actions) in your newly created JSP pages. If you have extra operations supported then its better to create new view controllers with the standard code and also with additional code for extra operations so that maintenance wise it will be easy. But if you have same number of operations as in standard and also does the same job except for the UI then you can still use the standard view controller but make sure in the new view file created you map the standard view controller.

I would suggest you to check the enhancement guide for the same. It explains all these in detail.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siva.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva ,

This will really help me.

Regards

Neha

Answers (0)