Did you mean: 

Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As we know we have 2 types of Webservices

1) Internal web service

2) External web service

If we are implementing External web service means do we need the internet service in this case

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Suman ,

In that case u dont need to use internet web sercvice,if u are using external web service,

with soap adapter u need to give the location of ur external web service for that soap is going to requset.

for help see following link,

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFC2WebService/Page1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

External webservice means out of my network and that can be accessed by using Internet.So

For Ex: iam doing RFC----Webservice

I found some url go get the dollar updates

Here i want to get the dollar value every day.

So in this case do i need the Internet or not???

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

ofcourse u need internet .the external websrvice which ur using have some url and some server ip definately ,u want daily update for dolller value ,definately u need.

this webservice use internet facility to get dollor value, this is out of ur local n/w.

if u r using some webservice which returnnig constant value always ,then u can use external service.no need of internet in that case.

if u want some data which going to change daily like(stock market,currency value , weather forecasting etc).

in that case ur distributed component(web service) needs data from diff server, then it will give to u rite data.

i think this will help u .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then if it is the case to use the Internet menas is there any performance issue with the XI server ?? why because we are using the Internet on XI server itself

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its not like that ,u r just using the webservice from internet (by passing the required parameter from xi or any program or from file ) ,the web service will run only on internet not on xi server.

and the payload and performance monitering u can chek in RWB(run time work bench) of xi server.

performance degrades only when ur using BMP proceess in xi server ,when u r using multimappings or passing the records more then 1000 in a batch when u defines mappings.

might this help u.

Former Member
0 Kudos