cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Customer master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have got a requirement to archive the customer records which ever has been created in production system by mistake.There are around 2000 wrong customer records which were created and now we have to archive those.

The object which we have to archive is FI_ACCRECV and the tables are KNA1 and KNB1.I hav gone through the SAP documents on archiving but its not comprehensive.

It would be great if some one can share the step by step by document(i.e with screenshots) for how to archive the object in <email address deleted by moderator>

Regards,

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide the steps and related links for how to access and restore the archived data as we have stored the archived files on a local file system of the server.

Best regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Reward will always motivate us to comment on the issues

I could understand by you message that you have archived and this archive file is present in local file system. Now you have to store this archive file in the safe storage system...

To answer: First check what storage application your client is having?

- Archivelink will help in storing and retreiving the documents from the storage system.

1. Create content repository on both SAP and storage application side, check its comminication (Please contact Basis team to do configuration of content repository - transaction to create content repository is OAC0)

2. Assign this content repositroy in Archiving object specific customizing screen in ADK (SARA)

3. Execute the store job

For Retreival:

1. Activate the Archive Infostructure

2. Build infostructure

3. Retreive the archived data from the Archive explorer (SARE)

These 3 steps can be performed in Archive information system T.Code is SARI,

To activate Archive infostructure, select the SAP given standard structure by going to find with archiving object.

After activating build infostructure > to do this click on status and select the infostructure and click on build per infostructure options.

By doing this you can see the stored archived data.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I have already rewarded points and once again i am rewarding.

I am not able to activate archive info. structure for the FI_ACCRECV arch object since there is no corressponding arch. info. structure exist in the system.

Regarding the storage system cant we store it in the local file system itself and access it?

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

Thanks for your reward

You can keep the archive file in the file system and access it!

Archiving Infostructure:

1. You have to create Field catalog Path> SARI (T.Code) > Customizing > Environment > Field catalog > Mention the name of your field catalog > select all the the required field that are required as selection criteria from the se11 transaction with table KNA1 > Source table should be KNA1, target & required field should be customer id, first name, last name, email id ..... > Save it.

2. Create Infostructure and add this newly created field structure under the archiving object FI_ACCPAYB and save it

3. Activate this Archive Infostructure

4. Build Infostructure -- > SARI > Status > Select the infostructure > click on Build infostructure

5. Check to retrieve the archived data in Archive explorer.

Reward if it benifits

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your help and suggestions

the problem is resolved after we unchecked the company code for production .

Now we have planned to perform it on production system as we have to archive 20,000 customer records.i would like to know what is the ideal time to perform this task(do we need down time or can we do it while users login to the system) and approximately what will be the timeline required to finish the archiving for 20,000 customer records.

Please suggest for the above queries.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

Thanks for your time.

it seems that we were done with most of the steps with regards to archiving customer master record in our system.But when we perform the write operation in SARA for arch object FI_ACCREV and check the spool its showing the no. of objects read is 1 and non archivable is 0 as its not showing any value against archivale and deletable.

We have set the deletion flag for that particular record and defined in variant,is there any option where we need to set the archivable flag as well.Our r/3 system is 4.7 EE version.

Apart from this i have one more doubt .when i checked the archive_global_path in FILE t.code i have seen the entry ath G:\arch_dir\<FILENAME>.ARCHIVING aginst physical path field.do we need to change anything regarding this entry and i assigned the logical file name in that the filed Phusical file has an entry like as follows

<PARAM_1>_<PARAM_3>_<DATE>_<TIME>_<PARAM_2>.ARCHIVE

what should be the above PARAM_1,3 and 2 means.eventually in customizing of archiving i have define the default archive_data_file as the logical file name.

Please suggest and provide your inputs for the above queries.

Best regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

In spool list there will be reason why customer is not archived.

Few important note

1. Check whether there is any open item for this customer?

2. First execute Preprocessing job and then write job. In Preprocessing variant please check for the "No of Days field" also. This preprocessing program will set deletion indicator for the customer.

For archiving a customer, you have to execute preprocessing and write job 2 times, because this program will not allow to archive both company code and sales organisation level data at same time so In first run you have to consider Company code and in second run Sales organisation.

Your FILE configaration is correct.

&#61656; PARAM_1: Two-character application abbreviation (for example, BP, Product, Transactions, etc.) for the classification of the archive files in the system. The value of the definition is determined from the relevant archiving object at runtime.

&#61656; PARAM_2: Single-character alphanumerical code (0-9, A-Z). If, when creating a new archive file, an existing file with an identical physical name would result in a conflict, the ADK increases this value by 1. This value must, therefore, always be a part of the physical name.

&#61656; PARAM_3: This parameter is filled at runtime with the name of the archiving object. In archive management, this enables you to check the file contents or to store the archive files by archiving objects.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Apr 2, 2008 11:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dheeraj,

You might want to be pretty careful when working on the archiving objects - I would suggest that you get the full story with the SAP Press Book on Archiving - it is really great and will get you going quickly and effiently - you can skip all the non-sense and get right to the meat of the problem but since certain settings can inadvertently delete data from your system and since you are not sure where the files are going - you can create a lot more problems if you, for example, set to auto delete with a delete before store option on the archiving object and make a mistake (if you don't understand what I just said - you need to review the book!!).

I do have to say that it is very specific because we may tell you something but your configuration does something else and you can loose relevent data and not be able to re-load it back into your system.

The book is very comprehensive and one that I can tell you is an excellent reference with very little fat on it. You can do the archiving you are looking to do with just this book and a sandbox to work in - should take a week if you know your way around SAP.

For example: You need to goto AOBJ (or customizing settings in SARA) for your respective archive object to assign your file definition from the FILE Transaction to setup the object properly to send a file the the file system - both the logical and physical definitions with respective variables to keep them from overwriting other archive files (this is in the book and I have done multiple archiving processes at different companies) - the default should be in the Global directory but since Archive Object FI_ACCRECV does NOT have a reload program!! You should not hack the attempt as you can remove some information that you cannot reload (at least not without writing your own reload program!!).

My suggestion is to take your time with this and get the right information and test everything from beginning to end before trying to touch your productive environment. It is worth the time.

http://www.sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H956

If this response has answered your question, please set this thread to answered - if not please provide additional details so we can further assist with your issue.

Edited by: David Milliken on Apr 2, 2008 12:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

I agree with David. Any person who is working on the perticular area the first point of reference will be SAP Help then comes all other network such as sap market place, SDN & so on...

Coming to your storage of archived data:

1. Check whether storage server is connected?

> If yes then check for content repository. If it is not there then please create content rep at both sap & storage server.

> If storage server is not conected then you have to depened on the exchange directory which has to be customized by FILE transaction. in this scenario, after write job the Archive file will be stored in exchange directory. Please check Physical file path to locate exchange directory.

2. Check your customizing whether your storage option is manual or automatic.

> If storage server is connected then schedule the store job manually or automatically based on your customizing.

> If storage server is not connected then there is no need to execute store job.

Please let me know if you require more explination on this.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.Since this is the first time ever i am performing the data archiving,could you please provide me the detailed steps for storing the archiving file and defining the physical path name to store it(with transaction codes).

Thanks

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

Please check whether storage system is connected to your system, If storage system is in place then check for content repository or create content repository in transaction OAC0. Note: Content repository should be created at both the end (SAP and Storage server).

For Physical file path please refer to help.sap.com

Physical file path customizing is based on the operating system and place of your exchange directory folder. So testing purpose take the SAP standard Logical Path name ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH and try to do a test case.

Reward if it benifits.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your reply.

I have performed preprocessing and Write operations for CMR data archiving even its showing the corresponding job has been completed successfully.

But i am not sure where exactly the archive file has been stored at O.S level.can you please let me know the path at O.S level where it will be storing the corresponding archive file in Windows O.S(r/3-4.7 EE).

Regards,

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

If Archive file is created then it will be store in a Archive server or 3 party storage system if store function is done successfully.

If store job is not done then Archive file will be there in the place or folder that is mentioned in Physical Path name of file system. Check your Physical path to get your archive file.

Reward if it benifits.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deeraj,

Best of luck for archiving Customer Master Record.

Pre-requisites for CMR Archiving are:

1. CMR should not have open item.

2. It should be mark for deletion flag

3. It should be mark for deletion indicator

Steps for archiving CMR:

1. Preprocessing job for CMR at company code level

2. Write job for CMR at company code level

3. Preprocessing job for CMR at Sales organisation level

4. Write job for CMR at sales orga level.

Deletion and store is based on ur configuration.

Reward if it benifits.

-Thanks,

Ajay