cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have installed NW04s and it is installed suucesfully but the problem is i am not getting KM and Collaboration links in the portal..

What could be the problem ??

Thanks

Monika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. What user login into a portal? What roles at him? In URL IP or Hostname? What means " i am not getting KM and Collaboration links" ? More in detail?

The configuration link --> System Administration --> System Configuration --> KM and Collaboration.

Also is the best literature is --> http://help.sap.com/bp_epv170/EP_US/HTML/Portals_intro.htm

Open Business Scenarios or Technical Information --> Building Blocks, How-to Guides...And other

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Mar 26, 2008 10:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo

Thanks for the reply..

My problem is that i am not getting any of the links(Configuration link) on the portal for KM and Collaboration not in System admin and not even in Content Admin...

Thanks

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. You have not answered my question. -->

"What user login into a portal? What roles at him? In URL IP or Hostname?"

First try to login with j2ee_admin and chek the links. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Is the installation of NW2004s is successfully completed or not?Check the logs once again.

If successfully completed,login into the system with J2ee_admin,if(ABAP+JAVA) or else login as Administrator,if(JAVA only).

check also by assigning the superadmin role and Everyone roleto j2ee_admin or Administrator.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo

I am using administrator to login....and the admin have super admin roles..

In URL i am using hostname

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

Thanks for the reply..The installation of 2004s was successfully completed...I am login into the portal using administrator but evn thn same problem

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Provide the full information on your system (SR1 or SR2 ) sp stack --> In "Getting Started – Using SAP

Software , SAP NetWeaver 2004s" you can read this -->

"You will see the Collaboration link only if the Collaboration service is installed on

the portal." How you install the NW ? What components chose at installation? Have you install EP core ?

I'm think you install only EP core , not the full portal -->

In Note 982502 - Portal Usage Types EP and EPC, you can read this -->

Enhancing an existing EPC system to a full EP system requires manual deployment of EP specific software components (e.g. KM, Collaboration, ...)

Regards. Award if helpful.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Mar 27, 2008 9:08 AM