cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mto (make to order) stock Vs mts (make to stock )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some body tell me the difference between mto (make to order) stock and mts (make to stock ).

how is it configured in sap??

sk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

In simple words,

Make-to-Order is used for manufacturing the material based on customer requirement / order. The customer will give the specifications and the company will procure the raw materials for manufacturing the same and produce it. Make-to-order goods will not be kept in stock. Ex: Rolls Royce Car.

In make-to-stock scenario. the compnay will manuafacture the product and keep it in stock, assuming that there will be a demand for the product. Ex: Cars, bikes ...etc...

Prase

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swathi,

Make -to -Order :- In the make to order scinerio the product will be produced based on the customer requirement.

Here the sales order will trigger the production order.

Process flow is

Sales order>production order>Purchase order to procure the Raw material.

Make- to-Stock:- In the Make-to stock scinerio the product will produced irrespective of the customer requirement.

Here based on the past periods they do the production.

Process flow.

sales order>Delivery>Invoice

Configuration steps

1.For make- to -order you need to create material master with itemcategory group 0001 -Make to order.

2.Yyou maintain Availbility check group in the material master Sale:General/Plant tab.

3.you need to maintain the Planning strategy group as 20(Make to order)in the material master MRP3 view.

4.You need to main the assignment of Checking roule AE--Sd order make to order to the availability check group in the transaction OVZ9.

Regarding Make to stock it standard process in SAP.

I hop eit will help you

Regards,

murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very good business scenario.

First Make to Stock :- means you are producing Goods with MRP run of Planning and stocking it in wearhouse.

when ever requirement come you will give material from the stock.

Make to order :- this is a business scenario where you first get a purchase order than you start production of that material.

Reqard Points if helpful

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

MTO : i DID ALL SETTING AS PER UR INSTRUCTION

BUT WHEN I CONVERT PLAN ORDER INTO PRODUCTION ORDER FOLLOWING ERROR IS COMING

"You cannot make an assignment to make-to-or

stock"

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAN U PL. SEND ME CONFIGURATION SETTING USER MANUAL FOR MTO ON

sachin.bhalerao@sterlite.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you can send the manual to me too.

thanks

swathikrishnan76@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks kishore

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Make-to-order production is a process in which a product is individually manufactured for a particular customer. In contrast to mass production for an unspecified market where a material is manufactured many times, in make-to-order production a material is created only once though the same or a similar production process might be repeated at a later time.

You can use make-to-order production:

For branches of industry or products where a small quantity of products with a large number of different characteristics are manufactured

When a product has to be assembled particularly for a sales order

[MTS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ides/helpdata/en/51/9532c0a1fa11d189ba0000e829fbbd/content.htm]

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i would like to know what are the config steps in both of them, mto as well as mts

i gave points to all who answered

thansk for the overwhelming replies.

sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi swathi krishnan,

[MTO steps|http://www.sap-img.com/production/discrete-manufacturing-the-made-to-order-cycle.htm]

[MTS steps|http://www.sap-img.com/production/discrete-manufacturing-the-made-to-stock-cycle.htm]

Hope it helps.

regards

sadhu kishore