cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Register a Program ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am trying to make a TCP/IP connection and have given the activation as Registered Server Program.

can any body please suggest me how to register this program ID? If possible, please give me the steps.

Help will be appriciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant,

I Hope you created a connection in sm59 by mentoning as registered server program for the 'T" type conenction.

Then you need to go to Visual administrator.usr\sap\NW7\DVEBMGS02\j2ee\admin--go.bat

cluster>Server>services-->jco RFC provider

In this give your program ID which you gave in 'T' type connection-->and give all the relevant details.

then save it.

Now come and check in SM59 it will connect succefully.

This how you need to register the server program.

Regards

Vijay kumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the quick reply..

but unfortunately, it didn't helped me. I don't know how to go to Visual Administrator even. Is it really a mendatory step to register a server program??

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kulwant,

Its a basis guy work.

I am a basis guy in my case i registered programs for abap proxy connections and it worked well(sapsldapi and lcrsaprfc). This how we need to register the program ask help from your basis guy.

Regarsd

Vijay

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kulwant,

Remember just one thing. After Activating ur RFC Sender communication channel, the ProgramID that u will enter there should get registered/visible in R/3.

To check that, Login into R/3-> smgw transaction -> Goto -> Logged on Clients. There you should check whether u can view ProgramID as Registered Server Program. If Not, plz check Communication Channel credentials and Activate Again.

regards

Arpil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/82343ecc7f892ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

In the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator, choose Server--> Services --> JCo RFC Provider --> Runtime.

See "RFC destination" pane to enter the destinations parameters.

program id IS case sensitive

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)

While creating TCP\IP type RFC destination, when you select Radio button "Registered server program", there you have to provide Program Id there. So for your information:

Program Id is a string which can be anything even your name.

In case of R3 and XI integration you will make your RFC communication channel active first with a program Id(ant thing) and with logon credentials of other system + gateway host and service.

then use that program id in RFC destination and test it.

If get empty request then RFC destination is ok.

Check the below link for reference

2)

If your backend R/3 system is a unicode system, make sure you check the unicode checkbox on the Sender adapter. In R/3, Edit your RFC Destination and go to "special options" tab see if the Unicode Radiobutton is selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you create the RFC destination using the gtransaction SM59 then the progarm id will be automatically registered and you dio not have to register it manually.

you can check using the transaction SMGW whether it is registered or not.

Go to the transaction SMGW--->in the menu select the go to option then Logon Clients

when u click on LoggoedOn clients u will be able to see ur program id in the column TP name .

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked that but my program ID doesn't appear in the list. What could be the possible reason and how can i correct this?

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kulwant,

Check if it helps! -/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the quick Answer. I tried that but still couldn't get it.

I have few questions:

I am configuring RFC -> XI -> Webservice scenario

1. If i specify the name in the RFC adapter of my sender channel, is that sufficient for registering? or there is any other step also involved

2. Also My R/3 system and XI systems are two seperate system. Does it affect? I mean are there any specific settings that i need to perform?

Thanks and best regards,

Kulwant Singh