cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmed planned orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some planned orders are getting firmed when we run MRP.

The MRP type we are using is PD and the dates and the quantities of these planned orders are not changed manually.

What can be the reason for these orders to get firmed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 4 ways for firming or fixing a planned order.

Firming Indicator for order

1. Planned Orders that have been created manually in MD11 or

2. when you make any change in the Planned orders generated through MRP , firming indicator is set automatically by the system. You can cancel the firming by deleting the firming indicator at any time.

3. Order proposals that lie within a defined planning time fence are firmed for the planning run if they are set to an MRP type with the appropriate firming type. The firming indicator is not set and they are only firm as long as they lie within the planning time fence.

4.In MD04 , using Manual Firming date also ,we can firm.

Firming Indicator for components

The firming indicator is automatically proposed by the system when you manually change or create material components in the processing function of planned orders- that means that BOM will not be re-exploded during another planning run.

Regards,

Sheik

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will the difference of parameters create firmed orders?

The planned orders which are firmed are of sub-assemblies, and the header material are of MPS type.Is it possible that the time fence for the MPS gets pushed down the line and the planned orders of these assemblies with mrp type PD , get firmed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya , its possible that the time fence for the MPS gets pushed down the line and the planned orders of these assemblies get firmed ,

only if you have an MRP type with firming is defined.

(M0 M1,M2,M3,M4).

Even then , if time fence gets pushed down the line, the firming indicator will be a phantom one and it will not be set in the order as in your case.Only in MD04 it will have an asterisk mark.

I dont think that MRP type PD will work in combination with Plng Time Fence. PTF is only used for materials that are planned using an MRP type which includes a firming type.

Regards,

Sheik

Former Member
0 Kudos

the firming indicator is real.

In the display of the planned order there is check in firming section on the planned order as well as the components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheik,

Thanks for your reply.

But we are not creating the planned orders manually.

Nor we are using any firming planning type.There is no planning time fence.

I removed the firming indicator for the orders which had got firmed. And ran the MRP manually and also in background.

When I run the MRP in background, the planned orders get firmed, while if i run the MRP in foreground, it does not firm the orders.

Do i have to check the background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for MDBS transaction which will show the parameters of the variant used for background processing of MRP.You can check here if there is any difference in the parameters (initial screen of MRP) from that maintained while you run MRP manually.

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi check if the Firming indicator is a Real firming or a phantorm indicator.Since SAP has Phantom firming indicator.

How to check this:

For those order which you seee as the firming indicator - go to display of the planned order and check if they are phsyically also firmed if they are not firmed then they are called logical firming check and confirm that .

Reg

Dsk