cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some guidance on an Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends.

My company has already rolled out an implementation on one location and we have been live for a few months. Now we would like to extend that to another location. Can anyone outline a few steps as to how would we go about getting this done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So say if the client assigns a particular plant to me, what exactly am in charge of. I am guessing I would have to contact someone at the location and determine the cutover strategy etc.

And as for actual config nothing should be required. So what exactly is required in SAP? Loading of materials etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by assigns a plant to you?

Is it setup a new plant in SAP or implement all SAP functionalities for new plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implement all SAP functionalities in the new plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just as your comp did for the previous plant all the functionalities and assignments need to be set up for the new plant. In SD, from the ent structure point of view you need to assign sales org+dis channel combination to plant, setup all the required material master(extend for sales views), any plant specific settings, shipping point determinations etc. It would however be a wise decision to go through the process whats done for the previous plants to understand any customizations involved.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all...points have been awarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

For rolling out same solution to another location - you can still follow same five step ASAP methodology but here you will not do business blueprinting exercise. Instead, you should you business validation exercise.

Create a fresh client and configure all the process in this new client and then do business workshops with business user to verify the solution. You will discover some gaps, need to document those. You will be able to fulfill some and may not be able to fulfill some. That should get addressed in realization phase.

Rest of the implementation process will go like any other implementation but timelines will be shorter becasue you already have ready solution, user guides, data migration programs, ready RICEF objects, test scripts, configuration documents, template plans etc. Try to re-use the documents and programs to the exten possible.

Hope this gives you broad picture.