cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V12 Transaction Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I see the Generate Documentation menu item under Transaction in the 12.0 Workbench menu however it is grayed out. I have 12.0 SP2 installed. Is there a V12.0 replacement for the V11.5 iText BLS documentation builder?

Forgive me if this has been asked before. I've searched the forums and have not found any information.

Thanks -

Chuck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

Also, be sure that the itext_1.5.4.jar file has been renamed properly to iText.jar (case sensitive), and it has been uploaded as a file dependency.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

Thanks - I missed the lowercase 't' on iText.jar. Thanks for the help!

Chuck

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

I am not sure how else to assist you, could you please enter a case into the SAP Support System?

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Are you certain you downloaded the correct version of the PDF Actions? If you are running version 12.0.2, make sure this is the version you downloaded from the Service Marketplace, as there are several versions listed.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

0 Kudos

Diana,

I downloaded it from the "attachments" of the SMP notes "Note 1109054 - PDF Actions for 12.0 SP2"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Make sure the iText.jar file was properly renamed as it is case-sensitive, and that it was uploaded as file dependency.

You could also try clearing the Java Web Start cache and then reopen the Workbench.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

0 Kudos

I renamed it properly and uploaded as dependency file. Cleared the cache and restarted the workbench.

But still facing the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chuck,

You should be able to right-click on the file in the Workbench and then click Export and save it to your local machine.

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well - that was too easy. I normally will right-click anything to see if there's something there. I missed the Export option down at the bottom of the menu.

Thanks very much.

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chuck - I'm glad that did the trick, and I am happy to help

- Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

Ok - you had to know this question was coming...now that I've created this pdf document, using the Generate Documentation, what's the secret to viewing it and printing it? The file appears in the WEB tab under the project. There is a pathname for it.

Thanks -

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Import it.

Oops! I meant Export. Thanks Diana

Edited by: Udayan Upreti on Mar 26, 2008 11:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chuck,

Please refer to SAP Note #1109054 for information on using PDF actions with version 12.0.2. I think this will resolve your issue.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diana,

Thanks. I've deployed the two .jar files, restarted xMII and workbench and the Generate Documentation menu choice is still grayed out.

I tried both the older iText-1.4.5.jar version as called out in the SAP Note and the latest version but neither seemed to work.

Does it matter where the .jar files were located when I deployed them? Also, I was logged in as a user with xMII Administrator/Developer/User roles.

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

The location doesn't matter.

You roles are fine.

A few things to check

1. After deploying the PDFActions, on the xMII Menu, what is the status under System Management ---> CustomActions, for PDFActions.jar?It should read "Deployed".

2.If 1 above is satisfied then on the WorkBench do a New --> Transaction. Are you able to see & use PDF Actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udayan,

Yes, the .jar was deployed and the PDF Actions were appearing. However, I discovered I missed a typo on the iText.jar file name. I had a lowercase 't'. My bad----

Thanks for the response!

Chuck

0 Kudos

I successfully uploaded PDFActions.jar and iText.jar and deployed them. In the BLS, now I can see new set of actions "PDF actions". I am able to use them. But when I open a transaction try to get its documentation, the "Generate Documentation" is still greyed out. After deploying the jar files, I closed the Logic Editor and Re-opened. But no use.

The status under system management shows "Deployed".

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna