cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Sourcing Config Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need SAP E-Sourcing Config Guide. Can anyone please send to me.

Email: kbraghu@gmail.com

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I get a copy too at: jjmisu @ hotmail.com

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of the Config guide do you need?

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

Currently am looking into the SAP E-Sourcing version 4.2 guide

Incase you can send me the SAP E-Sourcing 5.0 version guide, it would be of great help

Please send it to tridip_chakraborthy@infosys.com

Regards

Tridip

+91 9902764700

SAP SRM Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there something specific that you are looking for?

The configuration guides are shipped with the install of E-Sourcing. In order to get them you would have to download a copy of E-Sourcing from the SAP Service Marketplace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

To those who have implemented eSourcing is it correct that its a bolt on application to ECC.From what I have seen, esourcing doesnt "bolt onto SRM". how robust is the "contract management functionality". is it that difficult to implement. I am aslo interested in getting the guide is it on service.sap.com?

Is it worth all the hype that SAP says it is?

cheers

alex

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Let me put it this way to you

1) If your company uses SAP R/3 single backend and is currently not using the SAP SRM application, yuu can stratightforward go for On-premise model (To get more clarity on On-premise and Hosted option, please read the SAP E-Sourcing introcution on SAP.com)

2) SAP E-Sourcing is integrated with SAP R/3 for single backend only, multiple backends are not supported with the current version 5.0, the integration consulting note is available only wwhen you get the on-premise license (SAP Note: 1115679 for ERP integrationw ith SAP E-Sourcing)

3) There is no integration of the current version with SAP SRM, these interfaces need to be developed on a project basis if its really being looked at

4) If you are familiar with Contract Management with in SAP SRM, you would understand that the functionality is limited only to operational contracts, the missing link for legal contract authoring with integration vide Duet and MS word is provided by SAP E-Sourcing Contract management capabilities, to understand more on this youc an see the SRM 2008 roadmap that clearly shows this missing link incorporated in the future roadmap by bringing it into the SRM landscape

To answer the final part of your question, whether its a Hype and how easy is it to implement it

"Yes, its not very complicated from the implementation perse, its definately depending on the kind of skill set that you have in the SRM domain, the visibility of your top management to this implementation.

it is not a hype but reality, the way SAP is positining this product, this is going to go long way and you can really see that in the coming days. thr way it works, goes by its former name "Frictionless" and with SAP's footprint, the product will get more robust by the day addressing all the Sourcing, Category, Contract Management, Spend requirements with very high end integration capabilities.

Regards

Tridip Chakraborthy

SAP SRM Consultant

+91 9902764700

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary/Raghu/Tridip,

Could you please forward me the SAP E-Sourcing (5.0 and 4.2) configuration guide to sgaridipuri at yahoo.com.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

If you have the SID, you ca download it from the marketplace

The link will be

Service Market Place ->Support Portal->Tab release and upgrade info ->SAp E-Sourcing/SAP CLM->E-Sourcing 5.1/CLM 2.0 Installation/Configuration Guide

Cheers

Trisip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

Thanks for providing the link.

BTW, what are the diffrences/similarities between Hosting and On-premise E-Sourcing solutions.

Thanks & Regards,

Sasi

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

I have sent you an architecture diagram that differentiates b/w on-premise and hosted to your yahoo ID.

Please award solved question points if this has answered your queries.

However, please note the difference b/w hosted and On-premise in simple terms.

**Hosted Deployment- For customers who want to get an immediate feel of the product without going for the license can realise immediate savings, for this SAP will host all your sourcing events.

- You have to just provide SAP with all the data that is required to run RFx, Auctions etc, they will do the trial run for you and you can create the folllow-on documents.

- This exercise is mainly opted by customers who do not want to go for the on-premise license immediately or for customers who are trying to achieve rapis ROI with the hosted deployment.

- This will use the standard out of the box vanilla functionalities to run the RFx events that your company wants SAP to do

*The On-premise license* is like any other license that you buy for your landscape and configure the systems and do all the sourcing, contract and category management by yourself

- you can customize the software to your business process

- All configuration etc are to be done by customer company itself

Note one very important point

Generally customers first go with the Hosted Deployment to verify the Proof of concept that whether the ROI and the savings that SAP talks is really true and once they are convinced with the way the application works -> they then opt to go for the on-premise license.

PS : In SAP's language

SAP offers customers two deployment options:

Tactical Deployment

Enable customers to run sourcing events in a production environment within weeks of signing a Statement of Work and Hosting Agreement

Typically focus on tactical events such as auctions or RFx which will provide a quick return on investment

Events conducted in u201Cout-of-the-boxu201D system, with minimal master data, suppliers, etc. loaded to support initial events.

Typically followed by Standard Deployment to fully configure application to meet customeru2019s more strategic requirements.

Standard Deployment

Focus on deploying a solution tailored to meet the customeru2019s strategic objectives.

Project follows SAPu2019s ASAP methodology.

Cheers

Tridip

Cell: +44(0) 7530939886

Former Member
0 Kudos

4.2 or 5.0 - thanks