Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Strange issue with table control in dialog programming! Please help!

Hello everyone:

I have a table control on screen painter and I have atleast 10 rows on display when user calls the screen. If I have 15 columns then ofcourse user has to scroll down to see extra rows. I have line selection set to "single" for table control so that user can select only one row at a time. This works fine when user does not have to scroll to see extra rows. It is tough for me to explain i.e., if the table control displays 10 rows when the screen opens up then they can only select single row at a time (rows 1 -10). For example user selected row 7 and now they scroll down to see extra rows (for example 13) then it lets them select row 13 also even though I set line selection to "single" in the properties for table control! They should be able to select only one row at a time. Is this some limitation with table control in SAP? Please give me any information you have.

Thanks.

Mithun

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi,

As you suspected, this is a limitation in the table control. You need to take care of the single-selection functionality yourself except for the rows that are actually being displayed. See [Note 588284|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/588284] for the official SAP explanation.

Regards,

Jamie

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question