cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate debugger in SAPSCRIPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Somebody know if is it posible to debugg Request for Quotation(ME42)?

It is a Sapscript and I need to make a debugg althoug the debugger was activated in the transaction SE71 the form is printed Automatically.

Help please, how can I activate the debugger when a send to print the request quotation?

thanks.

regards.

marisol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way to start the script debugger is:

Se71->utilities->activate debugger.

This may be a time-consuming process. Instead, open a session and execute the program RSTXDBUG. Even if you follow the above menu path to activate the script, it will internally execute the program RSTXDBUG. So you are saving some time in going through all of the above processes.

Another advantage of using this program: when a developer works in the support environment and the client requests to makes some changes to a form, but doesn't know which form, he can just show the form output and request for changes.

Example: Transaction Code HRBEN0001. This contains a confirmation form, benefits form and others.

In this scenario, just open the other session and run the program RSTXDBUG program, click a push button on the transaction code and if a form is associated with that button it is automatically opened in debug mode. Once the form is in debug mode you can find the form name then open one more session and make the changes to the form while debugging it.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

thanks and regards.

Edited by: Ammavajjala Narayana on Mar 25, 2008 11:12 PM

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Mar 25, 2008 7:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marisol,

I would like to tell a samll point which I know.

Type /h in the textbox in the address bar after u give the value of RFQ and press enter ,the debugger will be on. Then u can debug the tcode.

Thanks & Regards,

AMK.

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Mar 25, 2008 5:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

They are two ways to debug the SAPScript.

1). Use Tools - Word Processing - Layout Set (SE71). Enter name of layout set and then Utilities - Activate Debugger.

It is of no consequence which layoutset you enter when selecting the SAPscript debugger. (Menu path: Tools-Wordprocessing - Forms, Utilities - Activate Debugger) The next layoutset called will invoke the debugger.

2). Another way to set the SAPScript debugger is to run program RSTXDBUG.

When you debug Print program it is same as you debug any other ABAP program. While when you debug SAPScript, you actually debug the code ( scripting) you have written SAPScript Form.

regards,

venkat.