cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SD with PI and any Services available out of the box to use..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are integrating the ECC SD system with .NET application for creating the Quotes and Orders in SAP. We would need to implement services for the basic operations like Quote and Order Creation/Update and Modify etc. Does SAP ship out of the box services for this?

We are on ECC 6.0 and decided to use PI as middleware.

Could any one let me or point to on how I can look for the out of the box services in ECC/PI and continue with developing objects in PI?

Regards,

VJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

as far as i know,there are no SWC like that,you can simply develop your own scenarios based upon your requirements.

on ECC side you can use IDOC or Proxies and for .Net just use SOAP adapter.

Thanx

Aamir

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

Thanks for the reply. I was searching on SDN ESOA portal and was able to drill down to this link -

http://erp.esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTgwMCZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DBBB6D8AA3B38...

Here if you get in to manage quote and select - Create Quote for example, it is giving links for 2 WSDLs. The second one is pointing to SAP R3 and I do not have access for that. How ever, I have downloaded the second one and imported it into XI and was able to see the message structures.

One thing I am not able to understand is, for each service, the software component name is mentioned. I though this would be the pre-delivered content from SAP. I tried importing that component in to XI, but unfortunately nothing happened except for importing a blank SWCV.

I am just wondering then whats the content thats been pre-delivered with SLD for XI? The other fizzy thing is, when R3 has capability of exposing a web service, is it wise to have PI in between with SOAP to SOAP communication when the consumer is capable of calling WebServices? (I am sure if there are multiple systems involved and BPM is needed, doing it in PI makes sense). Are we not just adding one more layer in communication? Is it that a Web services exposed from R3 directly visible in ESR 7.1? Is that what eSOA is all about? But ESR is part of PI. So how PI is then communicating with R3? Proxy or SOAP?

mmmm.. so many qustions. Just wanted ask so that.. may be some one understands and answers..!!

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Lot of questions. Here are your replies

1)I am just wondering then whats the content thats been pre-delivered with SLD for XI?

No ,Enterprise Services have not been delivered as part of PI 7.0 (XI). Enterprise Service Definitions can be seen in Integration Repository( renamed to Enterprise services repository) of PI 7.1( which is still in ramp up).

The WSDL which you have downloaded is of SAP's discovery system( at ES Workplace) which you can use for evaluation purpose for testing the services provided by SAP.

In Actual, SAP is delivering ES through Enhancement packages which are deployed over ERP. SAP has delivered three enhancement packages up to now.

2)The other fizzy thing is, when R3 has capability of exposing a web service, is it wise to have PI in between with SOAP to SOAP communication when the consumer is capable of calling WebServices?

No,PI is maily used when you have large systems in your organisation which are integrated to each other.

Using PI , you can

Monitor all the integrations at one place.

Make your integration scenario scalable and modifiable through PI .Changing your one application should not change your other application by doing changes in PI.

If you have one scenario, you can directly integrate it, there is not any harm.

3) Is it that a Web services exposed from R3 directly visible in ESR 7.1?

No, Web Services Exposed from R/3 are published in service registry, not in ESR.

ESR is used to create/design/view the definition of Enterprise Services. Once Definition has been defined ,it is implemented in either ABAP or JAVA and then publishd in service registry.

4)Is that what eSOA is all about?

No, ESOA is very vast. ESOAconsist of Enterprise services with business semantics.

5)But ESR is part of PI. So how PI is then communicating with R3? Proxy or SOAP?

SOAP Adapter is used to either call an existing WebService or making XI acting as a Service Provider so that any SAP/Non-SAP application can consume it..

If you have defined/designed a service interface in ESR( which is a part of PI 7.1), then you can generate proxies and implement your defined service in ABAp or JAVA. While consuming these services, the ESR is not required.

Hope it helps.

Still any doubts, please reply back.

It would have better if you have asked these questions in ESOA Forums

Regards,

Piyush

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Piyush,

Thanks for the reply. I started working on a PI 7.1 ramp up project it self. But in research I figured out that, most of the requirements or specific and hence standard services might not be the solution to go with. No I have decided to go with designing the service interfaces in ESR 7.1 and generate proxies on the back end system. The consumer would consume these services using SOAP protocol.

With this,

1. I assume that, I might not need any enhancement packages to be deployed on R3.

2. Need not expose any services on R3 directly as Web Services. The proxy interfaces would anyway be visible in the Service Registry. (PI 7.1 is going to be hub at org level and would host all the services).

Can you suggest if I am on the right track..

By the way, I did post the same query on ESOA forum also..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Here are your replies-

1. I assume that, I might not need any enhancement packages to be deployed on R3.

Yes , you are right. If you are developing of your own, there is no need for enhancement packages.

2. Need not expose any services on R3 directly as Web Services. The proxy interfaces would anyway be visible in the Service Registry. (PI 7.1 is going to be hub at org level and would host all the services).

No, this is not the case.After providing implementation, you have to publish it in Service Registry, It would not get automatically published. Consumer would discover the service from registry(WSDL) and would directly make a contact to your ERP for consuming that.

Additional, if you are using PI, then you have to make a scenario like this.

Consumer---->XI Interface( you have to develop which would receive requestusing SOAP Sender)

>Enterprise Service for ERP( which you have already implemented using SOAP Receiver)--->SAP ERP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Piyush

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Piyush.

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any help on finding the pre-delivered content in PI for achieving this? Either in SLD SWC or any thing else?

VJ