cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy communication no SLD access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I the have to requirement to communicate with an XI 3.0 System from a SAP 6.20 System. If possible I would like to use the proxy communication as this offers the best features regarding security.

Unfortunately I don' t have access to the SLD as the systems are situated in two separate networks and from what I understand SLD access is necessary for ABAP Proxy generation.

Is it possible to generate the proxy on the XI system and transport the generated class to the 6.20 system ? Is there a possibility to export the required SLD information from the XI System and import this into the 6.20 system ?

Any answers would be highly appreciated,

thanks

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas, Unfortunately your "workaround" is not possible as for ABAP proxy communication XI communicates with the R/3 via the local integration engine which runs under the WEB AS. So importing/transporting the generated classes from XI to other R/3 system is not an option. The ABAP proxy will try to access the ABAP proxy runtime which only can be accessed when the R/3 system is XI-enabled...

For WEB-AS 6.20 you will need to install the XI-add-ons, for WEB-AS 6.40 this add-ons is preinstalled on the system.

Cheers,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I'm sorry I wasn' t specific enough. I'm aware of the fact the for the use of ABAP Proxies on a 6.20 System it is necessary to install the Software Package APPINT.

My problem is that I do not have the possibility to generate the proxies as I do not have access to the SLD and therefore cannot select Message Interfaces through the software components. From my point of view there could be two possible solutions for this problem:

1) It is possible to "import" the information required to generate the proxy class from the XI system. In 6.40 it is possible to generate proxies based on WSDL docs.

2) Generate the proxy in e.g. the XI system and then transport the generated class to my 6.20 system. This solution sounds more promising. Has anybody tried something like this ?

thanks

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

I am not sure of the feasibility of the option 2. The reason I think so is that Proxies directly talk to the integration engine at runtime. So, if that is the case and the application system does not have the connectivity at runtime as well.

So, how will it execute the interface. Just thinking loud here.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found out that for ABAP Proxy SLD access is required at runtime to determine the business system name. I think this is what you mean Ravi, right ?

The only option then would be to have a separate instance of the SLD and synchronise this with the real one. This would also give me the possibility to generate the Proxy.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Yes, that is what exactly I meant. And I think your suggestion of having another SLD will be the solution in this case.

Regards,

Ravi