cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Result for RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to use an RFC-Call to get some information out of the R/3. I have implement all Functions which I have used before.

But there is no result when I execute. If I do not fill all Input-Fields, there is displayed an Error-Message, but there is no result when I have filled the fields right.

If have test it via SE37 and it works. There is an result.

Can anybody explain, what there is wrong?

It is no standard.

Thanks....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

May be you should use the invalidate() method with the output object node to display the result over UI elements.

wdContext.nodeXxxx().invalidate();

Regards

- Vinod

Edited by: Vinod V on Mar 26, 2008 12:33 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

are you using a Web Dynpro for the RFC call or a simple Java program? In case of the Web Dynpro, you will need to invalidate the output nodes first. You can easily find more information by searching the forums for the invalidate() method.

In case it is a normal java program using JCO, I would also suggest what was suggested in the previous thread - set an external breakpoint and check if all your information has been filled up correctly.

Could you also tell us which RFC you are trying to call? Maybe that would help to solve your problem.

Bye,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey..

I use Web DynPro for Java.

I have not use the invalidate-method. But I can test it tomorrow.

The RFC I can tell you, but you can not see it because it is an Custom RFC. I hope you are right with the invalidate-method.

In SE37 the RFC does his job. Only in my Application there is no output.

I will see tomorrow and give feedback.

- Peter

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Peter,

You need to call the invalidate method after you execute the RFC. Without calling it the UI wont be refreshed to show you the values from backend. The invalidate method should be called in the component controller of webdynpro application.

Thanks,

S-B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Send the code u r using

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Code do you mean? I have all coding done via templates in Web DynPro. There is nothing else.

I want to test it with the invalidate-function. This is not generate and i had not put it to the execute method. I can not do it at the moment, but I can test it tomorrow.

I will give you you a feedback.

Greets,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

If u don't have any code, how r u passing input parameters to rfc???

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used the templates. I have not done any custom coding. There is coding , but it's written by the template.

Greets,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

Can you show me the error that comes in absence of any input to the RFC/BAPI? And please let me know, how you invoke the RFC with out using any code?

Regards

- Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never said, that there is no Input. I have done the Input via Inputs-Fields which I have also created via a template.

I have not done any Custom-Coding. All Code which is created comes from templates. I have used the Service Controller template t creat the Execute method and the binding between Model and Controller. The binding between the Context of the View and the Controller is manuel created. And on the view I have used the templates for Form, Action Button and Table. All fields which are in the modell I have displayed in tables so that I can't have use the wrong Output-Context.

- Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to do external debugging to see if you are hitting the correct function module and in the correct client.Check the jco connection too. I would guess that you are not executing the correct fm in correct client. Please recheck it.

Thanks

MLS

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether all the inputs are passed to R/3 and in proper format by using External breakpoint in Function module.

Regards

Srikanth KV