Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Scenario

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

My client has upgrading from 4.6 to ECC 6.0 and installed a new XI system within the ECC system on the same server.

The old system: They have a Portal Legacy system (.Net application where insurance claims are processed) linked with Oracle database. They also have an SEM (SAP Exchange Management) system where there is Oracle code to do some logic. Also they have a "C" program that drives the information from Oracle code to SAP. Now, whenever the customer details are entered on the portal screen and "Enter" key is pressed, the details are updated in the Database (obviously), and this triggers the SAP inbound interface (ABAP) because of the Oracle and "C" codes. The same fields which we got from SAP are passed to Oracle where they are compared if equal or not and then a responce is sent back to the Portal system. (either "details matched" or "error")

This is a real time proces.

Now the Upgrade: As they have installed the XI system, they want to remove their SEM system completely and replace it with XI.

So, I have decided to use the JDBC adapter to connect the Portal (Oracle database) to SAP. The process has to be real time, so I cannot use polling interval. Moreover, there are multiple users who may be using the same database table at the same time.

1) So, if using XI, how can I design the whole process? and what Kick starts the XI JDBC adapter?

2) How can I replace their SEM system with XI, but still doing the same logic?

3) If I am not wrong, the connection between the XI and SAP is through Proxies. How to modify the existing ABAP interface code to use it with Proxy?

4) How long do you think a normal XI consultant will take to develop this scenario?

If someone can answer the above questions, if would be very helpful. Any help will eventually be rewarded.

Thanks a million in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using SOAP or HTTP to do this.

They will enable a real time send.

The development time for this would wholly depend on the skills of the developer, adn the level of detail provided in the functional specification.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your developer do not know JAVA all Netweaver based adaptor scenarios to complete in agile mode will take more time. JAVA is not ABAP.

Thanks

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Hope this helps..

1) So, if using XI, how can I design the whole process? and what Kick starts the XI JDBC adapter?

You might want to go with a soap(Sync) or Http(Async) to jdbc for this..so that you can send a response back to the portal system about the database update...

2) As above..

3) Proxy is one of the many ways..soap to jdbc ..dont need proxy..

4) Deciding on how long it takes to do this is a very complex question with the limited data we have here...

1) do you have all the functional specs drawn up.

2) Do you have the frequency and volume of msgs exactly.

3) do you have the technical specs.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have no choice but use polling interval with JDBC Sender adapter. Normally you have to use one select statement to get the data from the DB table/View, you could also use StoredProcedureCall instead of normal select, but either of them will get event triggered. JDBC Adapter is always a client which can not be pushed with data. As for the neweste release, you could turn on the JDBC channel from external application with provided API. In this case it will fullfill your requirement, i.e. if one insert is done in DB table, one programme will immediately start the JDBC Channel and perform one lookup on that table. Nevertheless it will require some coding and you have to be on the latest Support Package. Otherwise you could configure the polling interval short enough to get the similar effect.

2) How can I replace their SEM system with XI, but still doing the same logic?

No idea. I don't know SEM

3) If I am not wrong, the connection between the XI and SAP is through Proxies. How to modify the existing ABAP interface code to use it with Proxy?

XI does not have to use proxy to communicate SAP system, IDOC, RFC, File are all possible to be used for commincation. If you want to use ABAP proxy you could generate proxy interface and reuse the existing ABAP coding. Please check the online help from SAP.

4) How long do you think a normal XI consultant will take to develop this scenario?

No idea, it depends how complicated the existing interfaces are.

regards,

Hai

former_member190543
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using data base trigger is another way to trigger your XI interface.

e.g. if you insert a record,or update a record, database trigger is executed, the executing procedure can used to trigger your XI interface.

Liang