cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recursive & Loadable WD-Tree-Tutorial: Problems with parameters; NullPointe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, it's me again

This time I have a problem with the Tutorial called "Constructing a Recursive and Loadable WD-Tree". I followed each step in detail, but when I deploy it all I see several errors/mistakes in my resulting App:

1. I can click on the "directories" in this example and the directory-text is displayed in the InputForm. Normally it should only display "filenames", not directory-names... I checked the bool-properties in the addChildren-method and they are set as it's said in the tut.

2. When I try to expand any of the two nodes (C or Games; D is already expanded and includes "Games") I get a NullPointerException for the addChildren()-method in the first line (parent.nodeChildNode();). So the parameter "parent" is null or does at least not contain what it's expected to.

3. I have some Warnings: "TreeNodeType 'onAction.onAction': Parameters of action 'Select' and event 'onAction' are not compatible" and the same again for the second action (LoadChildren). So perhaps problem 2 can be solved by solving no 3?!

I'm stuck. Can anyone help me please?

I doublechecked that everything is as said in the tutorial.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know this tutorial, but if you want to have more fun, why not implementing a real file browser? Use the methods from java.io.File to create the children of a tree node on demand.

Armin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, me again

solved this topic by not-importing the project template. I rather built the "template" on my own by executing all necessary design-steps by myself. It was quite easy after I made the basic tutorials. I realized the templates are only time-savers; first I thought the templates provide code or design-steps I won't be able to do by myself since I'm just a beginner.

for other people having the same issues:

1. problem still exists - but it doesn't matter, I don't care.

2. was solved by starting the tutorial from the scratch (without template)

3. warnings still exist but are "solved" during runtime by the parameter-mapping method

regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

These warnings about incompatible parameters are nonsense and hopefully will disappear in the future.

Armin

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes there is lot of difference between the nw2004 and 7.1 .

initially try to rebuild the project and repair the project for the classpath and project structure . and finally reload the entire project and ensure that the example project is complete project ready for deploying .

note : see the errors in the problen console and quick fix option will help to reduce errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I realized I had an "Warning"-Message at my View-Context-Root-Node, where it said "Migrate Context". After I did this I get an "internal server error", Failed to process request.

Hmm, it seems as if there were a lot of changes from NW2004 to NW7.1, cause when I try to deploy the ready-to-deploy-tutorial (downloadable along with the Initial project template from SDN) I get deployment errors.

So I'll stop it now or perhaps try my own implementation (with java.io.File and recursive methods and loadable tree) to get familiar with the tree-thing in WD/Java

Thanks so far for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

Michael