cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Mapping to ORDERS IDOC - urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is creation of sales orders in R/3 using inbound EDI messages.

Source is the Seeburger external definition(ORDERSV9)(Copied object into my name space) and the target message is the orders IDOC(R/3)(imported).

my question is: we have many segments and the feilds in the target message(IDOC). how will in know which feilds from source message are mapped to the correct feild in correct segment of the target message.

Please clarify as I'm stuck in Mapping?

Cheers,

Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you post your source and target structure here, clearly mention your what your mapping requirments, then we can make come up with solution for you.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

My source has a message header, 5 Line items, and a message trailer.

But the target IDOC structure has many segments , and is there a standard procedure to map the source to the target IDOC structures.

Is it just to map the source and target based on the description like Receiver transmission in source and receiver transmission in Target.

Please clarify

Thanks,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe this blog is helpful:

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/03/23/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-ii-of-iii--mapping

And also the IDoc Documentation (t-code WE60) for the ORDERS IDoc.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the thread. The information is quite helpful

Cheers,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Paul:

I have never worked on EDI related scenario yet, I have no idea how its structure corresponding to IDOC ORDERS.

If you know it, but do not know how to map it, I can help you out.

Let us see what other EDI expert answer your question, so that I can learn from your scenario too.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

I know the structure, feilds and the data in the feilds of the EDI structure. I just need to know to which target feilds in IDOC the respective source feilds are mapped to?

In target IDOC structure we have nearly 100 feilds and i'm not sure which feilds are to be mapped to create a sales order in R/3.

Fucntional consultants couldnt help much and are not completely aware where the data is posted in the sales order from the feilds in the idoc structure.

I'm waiting for any EDI experts to respond. Will see

Cheers,

Smith

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Paul,

I think you are trying to find out your mapping rules, that is what specific element from the xsd maps to what element in you idoc..

If thats the case then you need to check with you functional consultant as to the Minimum info that is needed to populate the idoc successfully in R/3...Once they give you that..Run that against the idoc documentation and XSD documentation to determine minimum mappings..test that..If thats good..then you can map the other fields also similarly...

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your input.

But, The mapping between EDI message(Tradacom version)& ORDERS05 is a standard mapping and Functional consultants are not involved in our place.

All,

Can anybody send me the standard mapping rules for standard EDI orders message(Tradacom V9) to orders05 idoc.

This will solve my purpose and i beleive some of you might have faced the same problem.

Thanks,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

I would suggest to create an excel sheet by your own and sit with functional guys. You have both the edi and orders structure infront of you. Show the edi data to him and you ask him where to map because he is the ultimate guy who is going to process the idoc.

Also if somebody sends you the mapping spec also. this may not fit your needs. So please check with him.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish.

That was the final option which i was thinking.i thought if someone could send me the standard template, i thought of figuring out.

However we have very tight deadlines to finish the dev and only 2 days are assigned for this mapping.;(

Anyways thanks for your suggestions mate.

Cheers,

Smith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I get your question but your mapping should loop trough all the EDI entries. Look at the top segment field and make sure it's mapped to the top segment EDI field.

You can send me a screenshot and I will review your mapping. yves_bernier@mitel.com

Rgds

Yves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Thanks for your reply.

My source message is an EDI Orders message mapped to ORDERS05 idoc in R/3. I have imported my source messages from seeburger external definition and target message from R/3.

But Could you please explain me how do i know to what feilds my source message feilds are mapped to the target,as in the imported target message we have many segments like E1EDK01,E1EDK014,E1EDK03 etc....

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Smith